• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Clash for the Sacred Cheese Recruitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
If you want some coding support, contact me.
Im currently coding a Save Load system for miss Archange1.

We aren't that noob of a team really :/ Besides, why you and not Maker and/or others who are more experienced?

Anyway, we will still welcome you warmly and give you cakes. Thank you very much for your offer and kindness :)

Sorry if I was inadvertently offensive in my post. Didn't mean it at all.

Oh and. What should I start drawing :? Since I'm quite lazy.. you should give me the theme from now so I can.. eventually finish it in 100 years -.-

Not decided yet. Please give us a bit more time :(

Level 13
you have three Jass Programmer and only one GUI Programmer?
man, that's not fair.. if can Join i want to help, but i'm Just a noob and my GUI coding is still not good so what can i do to help anyway?. so i'll wish you guys luck to create an awesome, pro.. tection.. cheese map?
wait.. is that the name?:vw_wtf: well kidding of course :grin: good luck!

Level 16
so.. what is it about :?

It is an AoS that parodies other AoS maps. Enjoyment after a playthrough is our main aim :)

you have three Jass Programmer and only one GUI Programmer?
man, that's not fair.. if can Join i want to help, but i'm Just a noob and my GUI coding is still not good so what can i do to help anyway?. so i'll wish you guys luck to create an awesome, pro.. tection.. cheese map?
wait.. is that the name?:vw_wtf: well kidding of course :grin: good luck!

Yeh. You can be a beta tester though =))

Thank you.

edit
We are going to have our own social group soon I guess. Angel is on the case at the moment and the result will be released soon. It will serve as our temporary forum too so look forward to it =D

Last edited:
Level 4
We are going to have our own social group soon I guess. Angel is on the case at the moment and the result will be released soon. It will serve as our temporary forum too so look forward to it =D

Great, so it's not like we already had all this 'life stuff' (music, pictures, movies stuff like that), then this.

Level 16
Well here is what I have in mind at the moment.

+ Generic Missile System with Dummy/Timer/Group Recycler (Linked List => vJASS)
+ Spell Auto-indexer (get rid of the repetitive steps of indexing and deindexing)
+ Creep System
+ Income System

You can join us as a member. Don't worry we permit maternity leaves :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 20
I wouldn't bother that much about having GUI/jass coders, since the first task any JASS coder will have is take any approved GUI trigger and turn it to JASS :)

I though about a skill called "Empathy" where you cast it to a Enemy, and any damage enemies deal to you, it's shared with him.

Also though about making famous heroes parodies, like Pudge's with flowers instead of a hook, or making Syllabear be called "Yogui" and it's bear "Bubu". Lycan-type hero could be Scooby Doo (with some mixture of Bloodseeker and some ward placer, since Scooby Doo is a detective)

"Maternity leaves" xD

I wouldn't think about a Generic Missile System; i would rather use a movement system, since movement is the same for everyone, but each missile/kind ability has it's own characteristics.

Im currently working on a Missile System with Insta-Face. I have a Timer Recycler, but was rejected(though it works and it uses Linked List). Here is the map for the Timer Recycler : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...55cf36730ec0d351d20500d1c&dateline=1372421763

My Spell Effect Indexer uses Linked List for Spell Instance Indexing. You can check it out as well.

as for the Creep System, would you elaborate it? Is it the same from DotA's?

Level 16
I though about a skill called "Empathy" where you cast it to a Enemy, and any damage enemies deal to you, it's shared with him.

Also though about making famous heroes parodies, like Pudge's with flowers instead of a hook, or making Syllabear be called "Yogui" and it's bear "Bubu". Lycan-type hero could be Scooby Doo (with some mixture of Bloodseeker and some ward placer, since Scooby Doo is a detective)

"Maternity leaves" xD

I wouldn't think about a Generic Missile System; i would rather use a movement system, since movement is the same for everyone, but each missile/kind ability has it's own characteristics.

We will start brainstorming sessions soon enough :D Just leave them there.

The importance lies in catching the reference ;)

Well then we will settle with Dummy Recycler, TimerUtils/CTL (JASSers should stick with TimerUtils), GroupUtils then. All missile spells will have to use them. We will decide on an indexing method later.

What is a movement system? Enlighten me.

@Almia: sorry but I was convinced by Spart. Therefore, we may no longer needs those two systems (vJASS versions are availble). I am awfully sorry. And yes we need DotA's but with a few tweaks. Will work on that.

@DivineLight: Not yet. I am still having exams till mid-July :/ Besides, a good preparation is important.

We should start learning vJASS right away Spart x)

Level 20
Well, "Movement System" is just some optimized functions that moves the unit in a better way than PolarOffsetJB and AngleBetweenPoints does. It's like. All these may already include the distance check to do the "Missile-Reaches-Target actions".

"StraightMovement(whichunit, speed, target)" or
"ParabolaMovement(whichunit, speed, target, maxZ)"
"SpiralMovement(whichunit, speed, offset, angle)"

Level 30
Maybe I can be partnered with Archangel in terrain, I give the idea to her when he makes one and give suggestions to her terrain. Why I want this? I am too busy to take the job as a main terrainer because of school so 2nd in hand is much better I do think.

And awesome BB Codes as always, Archangel.

Level 20
Doomlord, you can add it as another argument and include the distance check within the function, or we could use a constant, since 16 or 32 are the most commonly used.

Okay, here is a WIP for the command system. All registered commands must have only 2 chars. Exactly 2 chars. This requires http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/event-v1-1-a-235974/?prev=status=a&u=Almia
JASS:
function OnTypeCommand takes nothing returns boolean
    local string s = GetEventPlayerChatString()
    local integer i = 1
	local integer i2 = StringLength(s)
	local integer i3
	loop
	    exitwhen i == i2
		call FireEvent(LoadInteger(udg_Command_Table, StringHash(SubString(s, i, i + 2)), 0))
		set i = i + 2
	endloop
endfunction

function InitCommand takes nothing returns nothing
	local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
	local integer i = 0
	loop
	    exitwhen i == 12
		call TriggerRegisterPlayerChatEvent(t, Player(i), "-", false)
		set i = i + 1
	endloop
	call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function OnTypeCommand))
	set udg_Command_Table = InitHashtable()
endfunction

function CreateCommand takes string command returns nothing
	if null == udg_Command_Table then
	    call InitCommand()
	endif
	set command = SubString(command, 0, 2)
    call SaveInteger(udg_Command_Table, StringHash(command), 0, CreateEvent())
	set udg_Commands = udg_Commands + 1
	set udg_Command[udg_Commands] = command
endfunction

function RegisterCommandEvent takes string command, code c returns nothing
    call RegisterEvent(c, LoadInteger(udg_Command_Table, StringHash(command), 0))
endfunction

function TriggerRegisterCommandEvent takes string command, trigger t returns nothing
    call TriggerRegisterEvent(t, LoadInteger(udg_Command_Table, StringHash(command), 0))
endfunction

@Doomlord, what do you think?

The system automatically initializes itself once CreateCommand is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.