• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adventures in Typescript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22

Episode 3: SOMETIME SOON!

Have you ever wanted to watch someone learning TypeScript while drinking beer?
Join us to see @Ash and @Ralle make your dream a reality.

Bottom Line Up Front
Purpose: Join us to learn how you can implement TypeScript into your Warcraft 3 projects.
Date: 20 March 2021; 2000 CET (UTC+1)

Adventures in Typescript is a project that sees @Ralle attempt to teach a total newbie (me) TypeScript. "Why on earth would you want to learn TypeScript, Ash?" I'm glad you asked, Ash. The reason is simple: TypeScript is the future of Javascript and I will never turn down the chance to further my programming. Coupled with the development of LUMBERJACK, the world's first and best PVP competitive wood chuck simulator, and it's a no brainer.

Hopefully from this you can join in, have fun, and learn something too. There is not much out there at the moment on how to use TypeScript in Warcraft 3; let's put an effort in to change that.

Join us tonight at 2000CET (UTC+1) on Twitch for the live recording of the first of many* Adventures in TypeScript.

Episode 1:
banner2.png

Find the Vod here!

Episode 2:
bannerep2.png

Find the Vod here!

* No promises.

Credit and thanks goes to @Shido for making the awesome banner image we're using!

Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
That was so much fun. As always, thanks to you all for turning up! Let us know what you thought about it, and we'll build your feedback into the next episode :cgrin:

P.S. I've added Vod links in the first post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.