• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Monsoon v1.05

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: nhocklanhox6
This is a spell i am trying to make for my map. So far, i like the way it looks. It has alot of cool lightning effects in a spiral with an epic circular explosion at the end deal stat based damage (the most important part).
But i know it has may have tons of leaks and might not be MUI or even MPI. I was wondering if anyone could help me make it at least MPI for the ORPG I am making...I am really confused on that concept.

UPDATE: v1.05
-Changed the look and effect of the spell
-Tried to remove as many of the leaks as i could
-When i tried removing lightning leaks the effects no longer showed...need help
-Added a mini-game as a bonus for testing my ability:

Can you kill the Mountain King? (Trust me it IS possible. I did it repeatedly) Good Luck :)

• Monsoon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Monsoon
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
      • Set Special_Effect_1 = (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop <gen>

• Monsoon Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Timer Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer Less than 25
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (300.00 - ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 5.00)) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 50.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
              • Set Timer = (Timer + 1)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Integer Equal to 25
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (300.00 - ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 5.00)) degrees)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 50.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Timer Greater than or equal to 100) and (Timer Less than 125)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by 300.00 towards (15.00 x (Real(Integer))) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x (Real((Level of Monsoon for Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Timer Equal to 125
                • Then - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x (Real((Level of Monsoon for Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Special Effect - Destroy Special_Effect_1
                  • Trigger - Turn off Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Set Timer = 0
                • Else - Actions

• Monsoon Loop Reverse
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Timer Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer Less than 25
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (0.00 + ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 3.00)) degrees)
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Integer Equal to 25
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (0.00 + ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 5.00)) degrees)
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 45.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 135.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 235.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 315.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)) x 2))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop <gen>
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by 300.00 towards (15.00 x (Real(Integer))) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Timer Equal to 125
                • Then - Actions
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off Monsoon Loop <gen>
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Set Timer = 0
                • Else - Actions

Keywords:
Monsoon, Lightning, Storm, Spell, Advanced, GUI
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. Advanced Monsoon v1.05 | Reviewed by Maker | 17th Oct 2013 NEEDS FIX The spell leaks and it is not MUI [tr] Things that leak Dynamic indexing Spell...
Today the Advanced Monsoon v1.00 by scy5115.

Originality: 4.6/5. Original but still not unique since the lightning is used in kind of the standard way. It strikes the earth. Then the earth electrifies. Nothing too extraordinary.

Execution: 1.7/5. I'd prefer to be silent about it but ok.
  • First of all, this spell is totally not MUI and even not MPI because the casting of the spell can be interrupted by another caster.
  • Two special effect leaks per one timer expiration. Destroy the effect immediately after you create it to avoid these.
  • Three location leaks per one timer expiration. After you've used the location, use Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_NameOfYourLocVariable). This is able to remove such a leak.
  • Two group leaks per one timer expiration. Use Custom Script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true just before picking units in range. That will deal with these leaks.
  • The spell's AoE zone while selecting the target zone shows less range than the spell has.
  • Add more configurables in the spell.
  • To make this spell MUI, use Dynamic Indexing.

Effects: 3/5. Something ordinary here, effect spam looking, just in a range. But still, good eyecandy!

Overall: ((4.6+1.7+3)/3) = 3.1 = 3/5. Good spell with bad execution.

3/5: Useful

Level 2
Oh thankyou for the link to the tutorial map for indexing. At first i was removing the special effect immediately after it was created but i had to take it out as it was not showing anything when i had it in...any way to fix that? i think the lightning animation is delayed by a fraction of a second and in the fraction of a second delay the trigger removes the effect before it can even be shown. That was my diagnosis to the problem lol but I am brand new to map making and triggers so everything in that spell was self taught...

Also I was trying to add another effect to the spell but it wasn't working so i just posted this one. I am changing it into a faster spiral that reaches the center every second and creates an explosion. Then the spiral starts again and it does this a number of times. Every time it reaches the center it will stun all opponents within the area (using a dummy ability, no problem there). I don't know if that would be more or less original but it is my intention. I'm working my way up to it as i learn more about triggers :)

Also, i just saw a tutorial for editing lightning so i think you will like the new effects i am adding :) (there will be 2-3 different colors of lightning making the spiral) so ill change that for the effects part.

As for all the other minor stuff you said...well...forgive me for being lazy :( didn't look too much into the stuff like the area the spell shows and such.

Thank you for the helpful comment :)

Level 2
UPDATE
-Added the triggers (finally figured it out lol)
-Changed the entire look of the spell (its way cooler in my opinion as now i has two different types of spirals)
-Still can't figure out how to delete the lightning effects becuase when i do you can't see them. it deletes them too quickly :/

Level 2
Please i think it would be easier for you to try it. put a "delete special effect" right after it is made in the first and second loops. There will be no lightning effects shown. it is perplexing me o_O

EDIT: I notice now that it is because i am using the doodad version. i am doing this because the monsoon version makes the spell look very very sloppy -.- try switching all the lightning bolts out for the monsoon/target and you will see what i mean

So i don't really wanna use that. I would rather use the doodad as it has a shorter life and doesn't look messy when spammed every .05 seconds lol

Level 2
I'm sorry I am trying to learn the hashtables but i don't think i am quite clear on the conept.

Here's what i am doing....

For every section of the "loop" triggers i am saving the special effects of the lightning bolts as "x of (key (last created special effect)) in M_Hashtable" so to try and explain this to you...

When Timer is less than 100:

When integer is less than 25: create the lightning and save it as 0 of key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable

When timer is between 25 and 50: create the lightning and save it as 1 of key(last created special effect)

When Timer is less between 100 and 125;

Create lightning effect and save it as 2 of key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable

etc...

Then at the end of the trigger do i delete them all by saying destroy (load 0 of Key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable
destroy (load 1 of Key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable
destroy (load 2 of Key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable
etc... ??? is that right ?

Level 2
  • Monsoon Loop
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Timer Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer Less than 25
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 0 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Integer Equal to 25
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 1 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 2 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 3 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Timer Equal to 125
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 4 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 0 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 1 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 2 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 3 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 4 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Set Timer = 0
                • Else - Actions

This was my attempt to use a hashtable to save the effect and then delete it at the end. NOTE: I know i didn't clear all child handles at the end :p