• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Monsoon v1.05

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: nhocklanhox6
This is a spell i am trying to make for my map. So far, i like the way it looks. It has alot of cool lightning effects in a spiral with an epic circular explosion at the end deal stat based damage (the most important part).
But i know it has may have tons of leaks and might not be MUI or even MPI. I was wondering if anyone could help me make it at least MPI for the ORPG I am making...I am really confused on that concept.

UPDATE: v1.05
-Changed the look and effect of the spell
-Tried to remove as many of the leaks as i could
-When i tried removing lightning leaks the effects no longer showed...need help
-Added a mini-game as a bonus for testing my ability:

Can you kill the Mountain King? (Trust me it IS possible. I did it repeatedly) Good Luck :)

• Monsoon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Monsoon
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
      • Set Special_Effect_1 = (Last created special effect)
      • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop <gen>

• Monsoon Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Timer Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer Less than 25
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (300.00 - ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 5.00)) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 50.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Set Integer = (Integer + 1)
              • Set Timer = (Timer + 1)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Integer Equal to 25
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (300.00 - ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 5.00)) degrees)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 50.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Timer Greater than or equal to 100) and (Timer Less than 125)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by 300.00 towards (15.00 x (Real(Integer))) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x (Real((Level of Monsoon for Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Timer Equal to 125
                • Then - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Loc using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)))) x (Real((Level of Monsoon for Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Special Effect - Destroy Special_Effect_1
                  • Trigger - Turn off Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Set Timer = 0
                • Else - Actions

• Monsoon Loop Reverse
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Timer Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer Less than 25
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (0.00 + ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 3.00)) degrees)
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Integer Equal to 25
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by (0.00 + ((Real(Integer)) x 12.00)) towards (15.00 x ((Real(Integer)) x 5.00)) degrees)
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 45.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 135.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 235.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Loc offset by 200.00 towards 315.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Cause Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(((Strength of Caster (Include bonuses)) x 2))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop <gen>
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PointCurrent = (Loc offset by 300.00 towards (15.00 x (Real(Integer))) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at PointCurrent using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of PointCurrent matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Timer Equal to 125
                • Then - Actions
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off Monsoon Loop <gen>
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Set Timer = 0
                • Else - Actions

Keywords:
Monsoon, Lightning, Storm, Spell, Advanced, GUI
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. Advanced Monsoon v1.05 | Reviewed by Maker | 17th Oct 2013 NEEDS FIX The spell leaks and it is not MUI [tr] Things that leak Dynamic indexing Spell...
Today the Advanced Monsoon v1.00 by scy5115.

Originality: 4.6/5. Original but still not unique since the lightning is used in kind of the standard way. It strikes the earth. Then the earth electrifies. Nothing too extraordinary.

Execution: 1.7/5. I'd prefer to be silent about it but ok.
  • First of all, this spell is totally not MUI and even not MPI because the casting of the spell can be interrupted by another caster.
  • Two special effect leaks per one timer expiration. Destroy the effect immediately after you create it to avoid these.
  • Three location leaks per one timer expiration. After you've used the location, use Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_NameOfYourLocVariable). This is able to remove such a leak.
  • Two group leaks per one timer expiration. Use Custom Script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true just before picking units in range. That will deal with these leaks.
  • The spell's AoE zone while selecting the target zone shows less range than the spell has.
  • Add more configurables in the spell.
  • To make this spell MUI, use Dynamic Indexing.

Effects: 3/5. Something ordinary here, effect spam looking, just in a range. But still, good eyecandy!

Overall: ((4.6+1.7+3)/3) = 3.1 = 3/5. Good spell with bad execution.

3/5: Useful

Level 2
Oh thankyou for the link to the tutorial map for indexing. At first i was removing the special effect immediately after it was created but i had to take it out as it was not showing anything when i had it in...any way to fix that? i think the lightning animation is delayed by a fraction of a second and in the fraction of a second delay the trigger removes the effect before it can even be shown. That was my diagnosis to the problem lol but I am brand new to map making and triggers so everything in that spell was self taught...

Also I was trying to add another effect to the spell but it wasn't working so i just posted this one. I am changing it into a faster spiral that reaches the center every second and creates an explosion. Then the spiral starts again and it does this a number of times. Every time it reaches the center it will stun all opponents within the area (using a dummy ability, no problem there). I don't know if that would be more or less original but it is my intention. I'm working my way up to it as i learn more about triggers :)

Also, i just saw a tutorial for editing lightning so i think you will like the new effects i am adding :) (there will be 2-3 different colors of lightning making the spiral) so ill change that for the effects part.

As for all the other minor stuff you said...well...forgive me for being lazy :( didn't look too much into the stuff like the area the spell shows and such.

Thank you for the helpful comment :)

Level 2
UPDATE
-Added the triggers (finally figured it out lol)
-Changed the entire look of the spell (its way cooler in my opinion as now i has two different types of spirals)
-Still can't figure out how to delete the lightning effects becuase when i do you can't see them. it deletes them too quickly :/

I believe Monsoon is a effect, is not lning, you can destroy it like destroy a normal effect, don't worry about when you destroy an effect, it instantly disapear, it have life span inside. it just automaticaly remove that effect when done, you should put "Destroy effect - Destroy a last created effect" below this line: Create special...

Level 2
Please i think it would be easier for you to try it. put a "delete special effect" right after it is made in the first and second loops. There will be no lightning effects shown. it is perplexing me o_O

EDIT: I notice now that it is because i am using the doodad version. i am doing this because the monsoon version makes the spell look very very sloppy -.- try switching all the lightning bolts out for the monsoon/target and you will see what i mean

So i don't really wanna use that. I would rather use the doodad as it has a shorter life and doesn't look messy when spammed every .05 seconds lol

Level 2
I'm sorry I am trying to learn the hashtables but i don't think i am quite clear on the conept.

Here's what i am doing....

For every section of the "loop" triggers i am saving the special effects of the lightning bolts as "x of (key (last created special effect)) in M_Hashtable" so to try and explain this to you...

When Timer is less than 100:

When integer is less than 25: create the lightning and save it as 0 of key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable

When timer is between 25 and 50: create the lightning and save it as 1 of key(last created special effect)

When Timer is less between 100 and 125;

Create lightning effect and save it as 2 of key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable

etc...

Then at the end of the trigger do i delete them all by saying destroy (load 0 of Key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable
destroy (load 1 of Key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable
destroy (load 2 of Key(last created special effect) in M_Hashtable
etc... ??? is that right ?

Level 2
  • Monsoon Loop
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Timer Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Integer Less than 25
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 0 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Integer Equal to 25
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 1 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 2 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Trigger - Turn on Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
              • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 3 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                • Loop - Actions
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • Timer Equal to 125
                • Then - Actions
                  • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created special effect) as 4 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable
                    • Loop - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off Monsoon Loop Reverse <gen>
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 0 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 1 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 2 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 3 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Load 4 of (Key (Last created special effect)) in A_M_Hashtable)
                  • Set Integer = 0
                  • Set Timer = 0
                • Else - Actions

This was my attempt to use a hashtable to save the effect and then delete it at the end. NOTE: I know i didn't clear all child handles at the end :p