• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Advanced] I need a help with my map Forest Hero Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone... I need a help with my map...

Sometimes ONLY WHILE PLAYING ONLINE AND ONLY WITH SOME HEROES, my players get some lag, and a great trouble with locks on selection, I mean that they can't move their heroes, or cast spells, or up skills, or buy items... It really sucks... I need your help... please ! Please I'm begging!

Its only with some heroes...
Its only ONLINE

Here is my map...

Protected...

I need to trust you first, before unprotect the map.

http://epicwar.com/maps/147455/

Level 5
Yeah, you can ask anything...

Its not exactly lag... but the player looses his control over the hero.

Well, I don't know exactly wich heroes, but I know some of them and a pattern...

Heroes that I'm sure that they cause it are:

Winter Ranger
Lord of Salem
Windrunner
Knight
Dagoon
Pit Lord
Warrior

and some others...

The pattern I guess is all heroes that have a spell with every 0.03, or 0.02 seconds interval...

I CLEANED ALL THE LEAKS

ALL

Trigger Leak (Destroy triggers that are used only once)
Location Leak
Unit Leak
Local Leak
Group Leak
Force Leak
all leaks that I know!!

I really need help!

Thank you all.

Level 3
hmm i just tried it online. used the hero Knight. something seemed to happen when i reach lvl 3 and was trying to learn the next skill, the buttons became unclickable. But that was solved when i bought a recipe item. Can i have an unprotected version of the map to have a look?

Level 3
Oops i can only do GUI lols. I'm not exactly JASS literate but i think it's probably something about the spells that use JASS triggering that's causing the control problem. Oh and one more thing, there was this item that was in quite a lot of recipes but not in any shops - Iron Helmet. Maybe you forgot to add it in? And don't worry i've deleted your map from my computer.

Level 19
could you tell us the affected heroes' spell names so we don't have to check all triggers?

edit:
you really should give us the code (rightclick the triggers and choose "copy as text" and then paste them here between [GUI ] [/GUI ] or [JASS ] [/JASS ] code tags if its JASS here)

generall things you should avoid:
allocation of local arrays (do you really need 8192 variables?)
stuff with selections cause it requires synchronization
moving units with the GUI function (better use a line of custom script with SetUnitX or Y and use coordinates instead of locations)
waits since they require sync stuff as well(use timers or some periodic stuff instead)
and if you are using custom script and local groups already just use the jass native functions for enumerations since they are way faster
0.03 is fast enough btw

Last edited:
Level 5
Yeah, I know about the weakness of the protections... but I don't think that someone will really stole the map credits, and I have a forum for my map... So I don't need to worry a LOT...

Well...

I don't understand anything about vJass, only about the classic Jass, as you see...

If you can give me some hints... I will be pleased...

Knight - Cursed Sword
Dagoon - Spit Ácid
Windrunner - Tornado
Lord of Salem - Only the ultimate don't cause lag
Pit Lord - Hell Meteor
Grotesque - Meat Hook
Winter Ranger - Freezing Arrow
Satyr Trickster - Hook
Sorceress - Burst

I guess is only spells of this kind... spells that move something each 0.02 or 0.03 seconds.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.