• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there a way to make an advanced buildings ability? In earlier WarCraft and StarCraft games, the peon-units' construction abilities were split between basic and advanced structures. I was wondering if there was a way to do this in WC3? Thanks in advance!

Level 18
yeah, the placing is wierd.. you can create an advanced buildings spell, meaning the spellbook, and add "tiny building" ability to place buildings.. would look normal and work properly.. the only problem I noticed is, that you can't use it more than once, else there'll be some problems with the buildings, wether the cooldown of all buildings/abilites start, or you can only place the same building, the spells don't like each other.. dunno if this is fixable, so the only opportunity I can think of now, is using some other ability that needs a target, just remove all effects of it, and trigger the building, like check money, and then place it at position of target..

Level 9
Fortress Survival does this. A simple solution? Make the ability lead to replacement - identical looking builder, except for different building list. PLZ REP ME IF THIS WORKS!

Level 3
I am thinking that 1 worker with an invisible dummy builder with triggered location=theworkeritisattatchedto could do the trick. Basic Buildings could be the normal spell and when he builds the next set you move controle over to the dummy unit instead which, if you do it right, should have the selection circle the exact same place so it isnt visibe that it was changed. The only issue I see here is the portrait but I am sure that there is a brilliant fix for this as well

Level 9
Spellbook is a good solution however, I think that if you're mature enough, you should use an anti-protector to LEARN about Fortress Survival and not to hack it and make it your own. Don't be immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.