• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Building Tab for older Warcraft 3 program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, I am trying to make a Warcraft 2 map in Warcraft 3. I have finished working on the oil, but I need help with the advanced buildings tab. I found another thread about this, but when I tried to download and open the map provided, it was from a newer Warcraft 3 version and crashed my World Editor until I deleted the file. I have tried using Spell Book, but whenever I use the item abilities for making buildings, only one will work and if the other abilities are selected, it will create only the building from the working ability.

Level 13
I typically see people using Bear Form to morph between two builder units for this, effectively changing the structures they can build between forms. Just set the cast time to 0.

Level 2
That is a good idea, but are there any triggers that can detect when somebody closes the advanced build tab so I can automatically transform the builder when they do?

Level 9
I'm not sure if you can detect a "Build" button press, but for detecting Bear Form/other morphing abilities, use "A unit starts the effect of an ability" event and check (Ability being cast) in the conditions.

Level 21
Some years ago i found a thread about this (which seems to be void now), attached with this map:

Attachments

• MultiBuilder_Demo_AceHart.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.