• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Admin Contact Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Greetings, Hive members.

I have recently archived all threads older than 7 days that were in the Admin Contact area. I plan to possibly delete these threads sometime in the future. If you had an issue that has not been resolved, but was sitting in that forum for over a week, please go post there about it again (you can reference the existing thread instead of explaining everything over) and we can hopefully get that taken care of. Thanks for your cooperation.

Level 22
> But quite afew Admin contact issues I assume arnt simply 1 situation things, but much rather logs, ongoing issues and discussion :|..

That's why I'm posting this. I don't know of any of that kind of thing myself, but if there are some of those, then those people can just let me know. :)

Level 22
I had the idea that it might help by cleaning out the database a bit. But I agree that it is probably a better idea to keep them around as an archive. So no deletions. :)

The archive forum should be accessible by everyone but it is read-only - you cannot post there.

Miz

Miz

Level 3
What's the point in this case? They are still there, only now people have to contact you elsewhere to revive an old thread which allowed them to contact you.

The point I assume is to clean out the Admin CP so the Staff can actually see which threads have been unsolved and be helped more quickly.

Level 30
The point I assume is to clean out the Admin CP so the Staff can actually see which threads have been unsolved and be helped more quickly.

Threads are sorted by the time of the last post. If a thread is active, it'll get posted in. That way the active thread will always be on top of the list as long as it's being posted in. So the important threads are always on top of the list. So you're wrong.

Miz

Miz

Level 3
Threads are sorted by the time of the last post. If a thread is active, it'll get posted in. That way the active thread will always be on top of the list as long as it's being posted in.

As I said it was just an assumption...
Yes, active threads will always be at the top of the list, doesn't mean your topic will be seen if it isn't responded to because then it isn't active.

I feel this is still a rationalized decision, (I don't see why people are so against it), especially since I feel it makes things more streamline for the admins and it might just help new users get assistance faster. For if they don't get an answer quickly they might feel helpless which is not what you want in a community.

Regardless, Ghan is an admin so I assume he saw all the threads being in one forum as a problem and sought a way to clean up the forum (it may not be the best method but its a start) so that threads, like I said before, don't just get left behind and questions aren't answered.

Anyway, hoping not to start a debate, its not like this is a major change, most of us don't even see the Admin contact or barely view it at all except when we need something answered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.