• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

adding values to end score screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
you can add to Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Total lumber gathered, so that shows up on the end-game score screen right.
Well is there anyway i can add something similar to "gold lost to upkeep" score? or largest army under the units tab in scores screen?

if there is no code to directly add it, is there a way to fudge it or fake add to that score without affecting the game?

Level 19
wait... you want to add rows to the score screen? do people even read that? i haven't in 6 years

Level 13
no no you guys are misreading me lol i just want to add to the score via trigger..

u guys understand that Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Total lumber gathered
will add 1000 to the end game score screen right?
it adds 1000 to the end score (as if they minded) but doesnt actually give the player that 1000 lumber to use in-game..

i want to be able to do that same concept with "gold lost to upkeep" or "Largest Army" in the units tab in the end-game scores screen.

i want to be able to add to that score screen section without actually affecting in-game play. like add 100 to gold lost to upkeep end score even though they didnt actually lose that gold to upkeep.

Gold lost to upkeep. Hmm.

Try using a 0-second periodic timer.

Maybe you can pull something off with a unit that takes up 80 food, a worker that can mine instantly (0-second times for everything, including animations), a goldmine with a million gold and an invisible town hall-type unit.

You could do it with multiple workers to pull it off efficiently.
You would have to have custom gameplay constants set so you can increment the lost gold by 5 for each mining instance. Maybe you'd want to increment it by 1. Depends on the kind of scores you want to have. (The kinds of numbers and their ranges)

I'm saying this off the top of my head. It may or may not work, I have no idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.