• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Texture to Mesh in Milkshape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
can someone help me with texturing a model? i've made it in milkshape and i've assigned the image to the mesh. when i export it as .mdx and view it in my model editor, it shows up white. when i import the texture and replace it with the white one, it looks horrid. i've even looked at it in my vertex editor and viewed the uvmapping, and it seems to be ok.

can anyone help?

Level 5
ok here

just to let you know, i'm not done with it. i just want to get the texturing over with now

Last edited:
Level 16
The problem is your texture.
It has to be dividable by 32.

So, 64,128,256,512 etc would all be fine, but what you got right now wont do.

I tried resizing it to 512 and the model worked fine after that.

But I wonder this.

Why do you have 1 geoset for each body part?
It would be easier to use 1 Geoset and 1 Material since you use the same texture.
(and it would save filesize)
Also, You model has way to many polys for a wc3 model, but that's not my business I guess.

Level 16
No worries. Most people do that mistake the first time.

If you want to reduce the polys quickly, you can use the the "Direct X Mesh tools", draw it back untill it's on.. 400 or something, and It will still look as good in warcraft.

You might have to reposition some stuff and fix some small things, but that should go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.