• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding team color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
How do I add team colors to skins I am working on? I tried looking through tutorials here, but I didn't see any that explained it. I thought alpha skinning meant team color, but the tutorial said it removes Weapons, does it also add team color? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alpha in fact can do both, remove Weapons and add Team color. Unfortunenately, its defined by the model, where the Alpha will add Team cololor and where it will just make things dissappear. Ingame, its easy to see where a model has the TC areas. Just cast Invisbility on them. The Team Color is often a layer under the actual model and its visible an a transparent model. So for example, the Crypt fiend has a TC area on the Abdomen, but nowhere else. This means, if you are editing the Alpha of the Skin, changing the abdomen will create TC areas, while changing it on toher parts will make things disappear.

Understood the prinziple?

Level 8
No, I don't understand.

Still need help with it.

EDIT: Oh, I sort of get it. However, I don't see where the TC area is on the model I am currently using... I'll just deal with it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.