• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding sound effects when a hero is killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I'm not sure how new you are so I'll start from the start.

You said you want a 3d sound played on the unit, but you also said you want the "double kill" sound.
Im assuming from dota? This sound is not a 3d sound, but a sound that plays to all players in the game,
regardless of distance. A 3d sound is a sound which plays at a point, and the further you are away from
that point, the quieter it is. E.g. All the attack sounds in a battle are 3d. So did you want a sound that
plays to everybody or just at a point?

Anywho, some examples:

This is a normal sound which plays when a hero dies. Every player can hear this across the map.

• Normal Sound
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play CreepAggroWhat1 <gen>
This is a 3d sound which also plays when a hero dies. You can only hear it if you are viewing the
point at which it is played. The further you are from it, the quieter it is.

• Three D Sound
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play FootmanPissed2 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Dying unit)
Note: A 3d sound must have "3d sound" option enabled within the sound editor. A normal sound
must NOT have "3d sound" option enabled within the sound editor for it to work correctly.

Also, the "double kill" sound is a custom sound (not found in the warcraft 3 editor). You need to download
this custom sound. I'm not sure where, you'll just have to search the net.

Level 4
I'm not sure how new you are so I'll start from the start.

You said you want a 3d sound played on the unit, but you also said you want the "double kill" sound.
Im assuming from dota? This sound is not a 3d sound, but a sound that plays to all players in the game,
regardless of distance. A 3d sound is a sound which plays at a point, and the further you are away from
that point, the quieter it is. E.g. All the attack sounds in a battle are 3d. So did you want a sound that
plays to everybody or just at a point?

Anywho, some examples:

This is a normal sound which plays when a hero dies. Every player can hear this across the map.

• Normal Sound
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play CreepAggroWhat1 <gen>
This is a 3d sound which also plays when a hero dies. You can only hear it if you are viewing the
point at which it is played. The further you are from it, the quieter it is.

• Three D Sound
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play FootmanPissed2 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Dying unit)
Note: A 3d sound must have "3d sound" option enabled within the sound editor. A normal sound
must NOT have "3d sound" option enabled within the sound editor for it to work correctly.

Also, the "double kill" sound is a custom sound (not found in the warcraft 3 editor). You need to download
this custom sound. I'm not sure where, you'll just have to search the net.

my friend said its from HALO but im not sure its just me....

Level 28
I think they're from Unreal Tournament '99 (played that game for quite some time in the past). Maybe Quake.
In any case, not HALO (I've heard those sounds before HALO even existed, and WAY before DotA implemented them).
(Also, I hate the female ones - but that's a personal opinion :D).
At 19 seconds, he starts saying the kill-sounds. Those sounds, right?

You can extract them from the video, or find them on the internet (they're pretty much everywhere anyway).

Level 4
I think they're from Unreal Tournament '99 (played that game for quite some time in the past). Maybe Quake.
In any case, not HALO (I've heard those sounds before HALO even existed, and WAY before DotA implemented them).
(Also, I hate the female ones - but that's a personal opinion :D).
At 19 seconds, he starts saying the kill-sounds. Those sounds, right?

You can extract them from the video, or find them on the internet (they're pretty much everywhere anyway).

maybe dota just pitch it a little for copyright issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.