• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Adding another EFFECT to an already learnt spell Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Someone help me! I've been trying for ages, i've explored sked's map.

My aim is to add an ability to the PHOENIX FIRE ability!

E.g. Phoenix Fire is already learnt

Learn a new skill: (like bash or critical strike or slow) that adds that effect to Phoenix Fire. E.g. learn bash - gives a 20% chance to stun opponent when using Phoenix fire!

(note Phoenix fire is not counted as an attack so normal bash would not work - its counted as an ability. And also when Phoenix fire attacks something it does not count it as "casting" phoenix fire so triggering doesn't work)

Things i've tried:
The "engineering upgrade" tinker spell
Triggering it - e.g.
Unit casts an ability (or channels or begins effect)
Ability being cast equal to Pheoenix Fire
Action:
If: casting unit has learnt BASH
Then: set (bashrandomnumber) = random number
between 1-5
If: (bashrandomnumber) = 1
then: (stun unit and add damage)
else: do nothing (bash didn't get used)
else: do nothing (unit didn't have bash)

I noticed that sked didn't have "cannon" in his map that used an ability (e.g. frost cannon slows unit) so i gather that this is a dangerous path. Please help!

Remember this is possible because i have seen it done in DOTA and things like that

Level 5
See, when you click on upgrades it gives you a list of things that it does, and it gives you an option to give the upgrade multiple effects:
changingeffects1zb.jpg
[/url]

Level 6
This is a looong shot... but phenix fire works on range and attacks all units within a range if i remember correctly. So have a trigger Unit comes within XXX range of hero/unit. Condition unti has ability phenix fire. LEVEL2STUNNING:if/else/then multiple actions. level of phenix fire for hero/unit is(can use >,<,=,etc) level 2. Action Set IntergerVariable(1) to number between (1 and 4 for example). If number equal to 1 pause triggering unit for x amount fo seconds. create stunned special effect on triggering unit. wait 2-3 seconds and unpause triggering unit and destroy last created special effect.

LEVEL3CRITICAL:if/else/then multiple actions.level of phenix fire for hero/unit is level 3. Set A NEW INTERGERVARIABLE(1) to random number between (1 and 4) If NewIntergerVariable = 1 then "damage target" action (amount of damage phenix fire does). Then Create Floating text above hero/unit. saying (Phenix fire damage x2= Red-->"XXX") wait 1-2 second and remove last created floating text.

Note:Using these wait functions ussually messes things up. I hope this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.