• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stacking Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to make a battleships like map, and because of the nature of the game (don't ask) it requires a seperate storage for the weapons (items that add the base ability "phoenix fire" - just each ability is different depending on the weapon) and I do this by adding/removing the ability (with triggers) "phoenix fire" to the ship and removing it when they pick it up/remove it, instead of having the ability on the item

My Problem:

I want to make the phoenix fire (etc) stack for the SAME ability. Eg. I can't make 2 or more of the same phoenix fire abilities (e.g. 2 Basic Cannons) stack using triggers. The same problem happens for the items that I have to use the trigger - Unit: Add ability. (just cannon - phoenix fire, and crew - life regen, and plating - magic reduction) - I avoided this with sail - speed (trigger add unit speed) and hull - life (WEU - advanced trigger add unit life)

I notice that if you leave the ability on the item, and keep it in your main inventory screen, then they all stack. I want that effect - maybe you can do it with game caches or what ever. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.