• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting a Unit ability to an Item ability? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but here goes:

I'm having problems adding an active unit ability to an item. I can add passive abilities (auras, bash, crit strikes and the likes) to items and I can create custom active abilities and add them to heroes and units.
Now I would like to add an active ability to an actively used item, sort of like Scrolls or the old Goblin Night Scope.

E.g.: Can I make an item that enables the Bearer to cast Inner Fire when left clicking on the item. Not autocast, just cast it? A rethorical question: Of course it's possible but can someone help me achieve it?
I've tried checking the "Item ability" square in Inner Fire, checking the "Actively used" square in my item and adding the modified Inner Fire to my item's abilities. I can click my item but it doesn't do anything. Can anyone tell me the trick to converting a unit ability to an actively used item ability?

Level 13
Hm, I'm a bit confused. Although one mark an ability as item ability, it doesn't really convert it to an item ability. As you said, after clicking on the item, you can't select a target. Some item abilities have the option "Data - No target required = False/True", but for inner fire it's missing. Can't get it to work either. Usually, it should work the way you did, cause I converted some other abilities to item abilities and they worked :?

Level 2
@Lennart 1

It shouldn´t be very difficult!

Objekt Editor / Abilites / Items
There should be an item called Spellbook !
There u can give the Spellbook Spells!
And u can put the ability "Spellbook" into the abilities of your ability...

Then you have to set "aktivily used Item" to true and now you have an Item with aktively used Spells!!!

Hope I helped a bit and that I haven´t told sh*t...

greetz
Sec

Level 2
DarkShadow said:
Yap, should work if he doesn't wanna create an item that has a specific number of charges. *Sigh* why didn't I see that way, I'm using 12 different spellbooks in my cpn :roll:

English:hehe happens very often to me too! Very Very often. Most in School :)

hehe, passiert mir auch sehr oft! Sehr sehr oft - überhaupt in der Schule :)...

mfg
sec

Status
Not open for further replies.