• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Adding ability; floating text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have two problems I would need some help with:

1. I need to add ability to unit, preferably through data editor (what I mean is to add the ability in-game, but through some effect or behavior, not script)

2. I am trying to create floating text, but I can't make it move, it just stands there. One possibility is a ton of timers and events that subsequently increase height, however that is a pretty bad solution. I though of attaching "Site (Rocker)" actor to the text, however somehow I am unable to link them correctly.

Level 11
For the floating text, have you tried the Set Velocity of Text Tag function? I'm not sure if it can make it move up/down, but I think that text tags don't even have a height value.

As for the abilities, I had trouble with this earlier doing it through the data editor. If someone knows how to do that, would be useful :eek:.

Level 12
The floating text: I am actually using the actor "text", not a real floating text, should have mentioned that, sorry...

As for the abilities, so far I only managed to disable/enable abilities through behaviors, which is useless for me (I am using groups of abilities, of which the hero has only one. That allows me to use "set ID" for the entire group and issue order for any ability from that ability group. However that fails totally if the hero has more abilities from a single group, even when they are disabled)

Status
Not open for further replies.