• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Abilities To Wards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I've been working on this inventory system that uses the unit's UI as a place holder for dummy abilities that reference equipped items (there's a vJass version of this, but I thought it might be a good challenge to myself to do this in GUI, especially since I am awful at Jass). Anyways, I've hit a bit of a roadblock- I don't want to use a spellbook because they're very hard to modify and manipulate, so the only other option I have is to either replace the unit with a building, or to replace it with a ward (since there's no option in GUI to add a ward classification to a unit- which stinks, so if any of you feel up to making the preset, please let me know!). Right now I'm using a ward, since making the unit a building is pretty useless- they can't move. All I want to know is if there's anyway to exploit the system to give a ward abilities. I know that you CANNOT add Hero abilities and Unit abilities- I have yet to test item abilities, but I'm guessing it's the same answer. I have JNGPS and EGUI, so I have all of those functions. Please give your answer in a GUI format, and thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.