• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding abilities to spell book with triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
It's all explained in the "Secrets of the spellbook" tutorial in the tutorialsection.

Basically, you create an EMPTY spellbook with a certain OrderID A.
Next, for each spell you create a new spellbook (containing your spell) with the SAME orderId A. At map initialization you disable all spellbooks except for the EMPTY one. Then you add the empty spellbook to a unit (in the object editor). Now, whenever a unit gains one of the disabled spellbooks, the spell INSIDE the disabled book will appear in the empty spellbook.

Level 8
Also I remember that I used a different sys. I made my own empty spell book with the base order ID "x", and as u I made a different spellbook for each spell, with the same order ID. Then I added only the empty spellbook to the hero, and whenever the hero purchased a tome, I removed the tome and I added the spell book. This way it's much easier.

Level 8
Yeah I forgot about the whole using multiple spell books, thats what Im doing now. I have a very messy verison though, Where the hero has a spell book that I give him for the skills, then one for each subclass skill, then I put all the single ability spell books into the subclass spell book. This is all so that I can make like 20 abilities and let the hero learn 11 of there favorite.

Last edited:
Level 8
I have a new problem with spell books that I cant seem to understand. This is a little confusing so I will explain it with a example:

skill/spellbook/skill/spellbook/spellbook

thunderclap(skill)/thunderclap(spellbook)/thunderclap(research)/targetskills/Hero Abilities

my problem is that I give one unit on my map all the (research) abilities so that when he uses thunderclap(research) it makes thunderclap(skill) enabled for player of target unit of ability cast.(Thunderclap(research) base skill is frost nova). But I have gotten this method working for 4 skills out of 6. But thunderclap(skill) wont show up after I use the skill, I cant see any problems with my triggers because most of them are the same anyway.

I solved this problem.... for some reason the spell books didnt like AoE spells together with single target abilities. But I didnt even have them in the same spell book. w/e

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.