• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Adding a Sequence to a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Scouring the internet for modelling tutorials about this particular subject has been futile for me. Or I am just really bad at googling.

Anyway I have been messing around with the War3 Model Editor (1.07) in hope to add a new animation to a weapon model attachment. Mainly just a Death animation.

So I enter the Sequence Manager and create a new sequence; name it Death and give it intervals. What I really just want is for the Death animation to be blank - no model, no animation, no anything.

I save it and import it to WC3 and get no noticeable difference. What am I missing? As I said I've really tried to find tutorials about this subject - to add animations to a model (in this case I just want a blank animation so the frames/intervals would all be empty?).

So if anyone could point one out a tutorial or help in any way I would be very grateful.

The reason I want to do this is because I use Special Effect - Destroy Special Effect to remove weapon attachments and when doing so the weapon's "Stand" animation plays for about 2-4 seconds before it vanishes; which looks rather silly. So in hope to add a "Death"/"Dissipate (???)" animation to the model the weapon will vanish instantly when the function is called.

That's about it, sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in but the Modelling forum is for discussions? This is more of a plead for help :)

Level 4
I'm also interested in knowing this.

Ok. I figured it out.

Add a new animation in magos sequence manager called death
create a interval of about 500 length (make sure it doesn't overlap another animation)

make a new geoset animation
then edit its alpha properties and you'll see something like 500:1
just insert your start value of the interval (ex 1000) and then the visibilty (0) below this line
example
500:1
1000:0

save and you should be set

Status
Not open for further replies.