• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] adding a model for skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
alright so im using the illidan evil as model for my hero and i would like to use this skin for its morph ability IllidanDark.blp.

since i cant have it using the orginal and the skin i need this How To Make One Model Use Many Skins but i cant find it (literately looked for over a hr) in the wc3 viewer??

so could some 1 give me the orginal illidan evil model i can edit that will use the skin i want?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Go to the object editor, where you specify the model. If you have selected Illidan evil as model there should be under custom: the path of the model file : units\nightelf\EvilIllidan\IllidanEvil
Go to warcraft 3 viewer, open the War3x.mpq and search for units -> nightelf -> EvilIllidan

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You need to open the War3x.mpq. You opened the RoC mpq, but you need the one from Frozen Throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.