• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Guys im new to this community but i been poping around from time to time to check out the cool Models/Skins, tho, i could never use them,
Example:
i would upload "IllidanDark.blp" and then after that Chance the full path(location) name to "Textures\Illidan.blp" no errors so far, ok, then i go to illidan and i clicked on him, but all i get is that damn purple error box, :eekani:
so i was wondering
1) what i should od
2) is this the right section? XD
Thanks in Advance!! :grin:
P.S. im lovin these smileys ^o^

Level 8
are you saying your having problems importing it into your map? If so, the most common way its done is by importing your file, then just delete the wc3imported\ part of the path name, it should work fine unless the author of the resource has used a custom path for the model, in which case, the path name would be specified in a readme or the resource page of the model.

Level 1
yea thats what i do, it still doesnt work, do i have to do something anywhere else besides in the Import area?

Status
Not open for further replies.