• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding a Flag to a Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently making a model based on the Patriot, and I want to add a flag the end of his weapon (which is a flag pole), but the only way i know how to do it it would'nt be animated and would look really ugly, if you could tell me how to do it I would appreciate it.

I have already tried to import the model into GMax, but it didn't work, and I'm not extremely adept with the model editor yet.

This is the only thing keeping this model from being completed & uploaded.

Patriot.jpg

Yes. Ribbons are hard due to the fact that the only programs that can see them is 3dsMax 5 with art tools, WE, and WC3. So making them in magos is really a big guessing game.

That and ribbons don't hang down or anything. They just follow whatever they're attached to. So if the pole isn't moving then you won't see any flag, but if it's moving really fast then the flag will be very long and stretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.