• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add a hero ability that is still level dependent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Its a simple problem yet I didn't find any solution for it. I want some heroes to start with an ability as learnt but unusable until they reach the appropriate level.

I appreciate any help.

Level 8
Maybe make the ability require an upgrade, then when the hero reached X level, set the upgrade to finish so that the hero can use the ability. But the "upgrade complete" message would come up and it'd look ugly.

Another is to make two versions of the ability, one requiring an upgrade and one that don't require an upgrade. The hero starts off with the ability which requires the upgrade, but when the hero reaches X level, replace the ability that needs the upgrade with the other one which requires no upgrade.

Level 18
When the ability is learned, check for the hero's level. If the level requirement isn't met, replace the ability with a passive ability (with passive icon) without the effect.
When the hero levels up, check which ability's requirements are met and replace those with the real abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.