• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AD: DotWP Terrain - Is it good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello!
My new Azeroth Defenders map is in the brainstorming stage, and Im trying to get a grip on how the terrain should be. Since most of you probably are good terrainers in this category, maybe you can help me to make it close to perfect? ;)

Since this is my first time making terrain (other than placing strange Blizzard cliffs) I need you to be honest, and tell me what can be improved.
I just want the terrain to be beautiful, and not extreme things like "that plant can't grow there since there is too few sun beams in that area" :p

Please go to http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...pillar-development-thread-191675/#post1870011 for more info, and to download the map. Thank you!

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
There's a map? I need to download a map?

Why that would waste me at least one-fifth of the time I spent writing this sarcrastic input.

On another very much similar (so much actually that it's exactly the same) note;
Make it a general rule of thumb that most reviewers won't comment if you just strap on a link to your map download page.

Attach some images, then we'll discuss your terrain :insert_friendly_smilie: (I don't like the smilies here so I went with this option instead)

EDIT 1: M0 convinced me that I love smileys in here :ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited:
Level 8
Then I just hope there is someone that still wants to click the link and take a look at the map to help me out...
The reason I haven't put out pictures of the terrain, is because its a playable map that's not even 50% done (so there is little to take pictures of in the first place), which means its better if you go into the game and look for yourself in playing mode?

Level 14
Again, nobody who is gonna give you decent advice is going to play through the map to see what the terrain looks like, either give us an unprotected version, or some screenshots. Otherwise you'll be without any reasonable advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.