• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ActionDetection System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi guys, this is my newest creation.
A very simple system, but it might be kinda useful for mapmakers that want some additional features in their maps.
The system is fully GUI, MUI/MPI and there isnt any leaks.
If you have any comments or advices for improvements of my coding and the system, say me.

The system features
+ Damage Detection in %
+ Abillity Detection
+ Cancel Detection
+ Levelgain Detection
+ Item Detection
+ Friendly-fire Detection

Changelog
+ Fixed a few bugs.
+ Coded Damage Detection in a new way

Now please enjoy, give credits if used, do not upload it to other sites and have fun!

Keywords:
action, actions, detection, floating, text, floatingtext, texts, system, easy, useable, simple, GUI, x-omg-x
Contents

ActionDetectionSystem (Map)

Reviews
20 Oct 2011 Bribe: Deprecated and full of bugs.
Level-up detecting :p Isnt that easy for everyone ??? im just kiddin anyway wont download right now but ill take a look at it later but you please post the triggers here ;)?

Yea the triggers is easy to make, but anyways. Dont think the triggers will be posted here as there are 6 of them. To make my system different from many other damage detection systems, i decided to make alot more features and to make the damage detection system detect, how much life the damaged unit has left (in percentage).

[EDIT]

Okay, as more than one guy want the triggers here, i will attach them.
Yea i know they are kinda simple, but how to improve? Im running low of ideas.
Notice that this system contains 6 different features and not only one, as all the other dmgdet system does.

Level 10
This system is Abit simple don't you think? And I also think that you messed up afew triggers... Well, TriggerHappy seems to think it's OK so... yea...

Edit: Ohh... and it doesnt show damage dealt... It just show how mutch HP in % the mob Has Left-..-

This system is Abit simple don't you think? And I also think that you messed up afew triggers... Well, TriggerHappy seems to think it's OK so... yea...

Edit: Ohh... and it doesnt show damage dealt... It just show how mutch HP in % the mob Has Left-..-

Yea, thats what its supposed to do, lol. When the life becomes lower it will change its color to match the life.

Review:
Idea

well a good idea but its not new...
also more detections (move detection,...) should be added
3/5
Coding

OMG :D
how could TriggerHappy approve this??
well the code is leakless but veeery buggy:
1. the damage detection shows the percentage life the victim has BEFORE it is damaged (first strike will show 100% bu unit has already lost life)
2. friendly fire detects EVERY action you do on a friend. even the "follow" order or heal spells will cause the system to yell "friendly fire"
3. your item detection and your spell detection collide:
if i use a potion or something else which has an on-click-effect both systems fire and the result is something like "Small Potion" and "Item: Heal (smaller)" shown at the same time...
(without these mistakes it would be 5/5 but like this it simply does not what it's supposed to)
1/5
Documentation

well documentation is ok
4/5
Result

good idea but not deep enough tested...
just fix the things i mentioned and it will become great!

Overall: (3+1+4)/3 = 2.6 ==> 2
+rep: No
PM me if you want me to look over your ressource again