• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Action Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Are action bars possible in WC3? I'm guessing they aren't, but it may be possible. Action bars are in WoW, they are bars on the side of the screen with abilities occupied inside the spaces which you can click as an ability.

In case you have no clue, here, look for the ability icons on the side.
2005704576356631824_rs.jpg

Well if someone figures out how to do this, please tell me :)

Level 18
They are possible. I don't know how far you can push your luck, but those stuff are made in some Inventory systems that you can find in the Spells section. If you can find someone who created 1 of those systems, you can check how much you can apply it for an ability sidebar.

Level 9
You can't do this very easily. And if you succed, it'll probably lag alot.
The easiest way to make the actionbars, is probably to just use the hero icons in the left side of the screen and detect when one of the units is selected.
The other way around it would be using trackables. Trackables is the only thing i haven't worked with before, since i've never found a need for it. Blizzard didn't finish them either, so...
Also, none of the systems will help him at all. Systems like those doesn't track when the mouse enters a certain place on the screen, actually, all of the icons you see are destructables or something. I didn't look at the maps so i can't tell.
It might be easy using trackables, I'm not the person to answer that question though, since i never really worked with them, but displaying the images will be impossible if you're not using hero icons. Or the worker icon.

Level 4
>Actually, I meant these:
Inventory Tech Demo - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Fullscreen Inventory 2 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
Thanks for the idea, but i don't think that would work that well, it might, but it would just require remaking the whole thing of those. Thanks for the idea :), i could possibly use it.
>The easiest way to make the actionbars, is probably to just use the hero icons in the left side of the screen and detect when one of the units is selected.
Yeah I thought about that before, probably would be good, although there aren't that many icons that can fit there, but that would be a good idea.
>The other way around it would be using trackables.
Trackables sound pretty good, although it would be better if Blizzard finished them, I'll check it out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.