• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

acros the lands

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

acros the lands (Map)

Level 22
Nice concept, and you did nice timing with the music, but the terrain could use quite a bit of work, since thats what seemed to be the theme of this cinimatic. You used mainly solid textures with no doodads other then trees- which makesthings very bland. Try varying the textures some, use more environment doodads and maybe set a sky rather then leaving it black (unless you want it to remain night).

Next, music volume is automatically cut by 50% during cinimatics mode, so I suggest running them music as a sound variable rather then a music variable so people can hear it much better.
-VGsatomi

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
OK it's time for a bad review. :twisted:
If we see this as an experimental movie which is not to be meant a (short) movie there remain still some big issues:
- Camera movement
You moved the camera without longer stands and weren't afraid of using closer views, that's good so far. What's not good:
DON'T MOVE THE CAMERA THROUGH ANY OBJECTS!!! In the forest this is nearly impossible to do and if you sway fast enough, nobody will see, that the camera moves through some trees. But there are some slow very unnecessary movements through big things like at the beginning the roots of the WorldTree and the Gate. And even much worse, you move through terrain and water. That's one of the worst things you can do!
In addition to that, you should try to smoothen the camera movement at least at some times and in the city, turn perspective up, because at the moment you only can see the downer parts of buildings and at the end the downer part of the troll.

-Music
Sorry VG, but I'm not sure if you have seen the same cin as me. This music is not a very good choice I think and since there are no changes in it, timing is unnecessary and neither good nor bad. Maybe I should mention that I don't listen to such kind of music normally and don't like it very much in general... :?

-Design
Quite poor. Use different textures, vary them a bit and add environmental doodads. The small things are the difference between an average and a good cin/movie so you should always keep that in mind.
And the ramps in the air... look, if I express it in a positive way, like a bad graphics error. To correct the "flying height" of objects, use the Ctrl+PictureUp/Down Keys and if a height level difference is too big, make it smaller, scale the ramps up or move more than one or none of them.

Looks like a first try and if this is one, it's not bad for the beginning, but there's still much to improve.
Greetings,
Waldbaer