• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Acid Blood Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi guys, i want to create an acid blood spell !
Always the unit gets damage .. acid is flying around and damaging enemies close to it...

I tried to achieve this effect by creating a dummy unit with the kaboom skill (a modified one) ... buuuut

I dont know how this dummy unit can use my kaboom spell(at least not my midified one)...

Maybe you got some ideas ... It doen`t really matter how it works.. It just should work ^^

Help is MUCH appreciated

Level 3
yea i was thinking about that too, but i only want to damage enemies.. well lets see, maybe it works

Level 6
You could just use immolation if it's passive, and if not, just use the Lightning Shield skill and remove change the "Targets Allowed" field to suit your requirements (i.e. uncheck the friend field if you don't want it to damage allies.

Level 1
Heres how i would do it...
Make the acid blood skill an aura with no bonuses that only gives self the buff, make the buff acid blood.

Events
Unit-(your unit) Takes Damage
Conditions
((Triggering unit)has buff Acid blood) Equal to True
Actions
Special Effect-Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UndeadBlood\UndeadBloodCryptFiend.mdl
Unit-Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200 at (position of(Triggering unit)), dealin 60.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 6
Couple of flaws in your method x[Maximilian]
1. Why use a trigger and take up more map space than needed when the ability can be created using my above methods.
2. Why over complify something that can be simply created with the object editor?

Now onto the flaws in your trigger
1. For the Event, the unit would already have to exist on the map (because that event is "Specific Unit Event"), which makes picking the hero from a tier, or creating it using triggers impossible

2.The damaging of a circular radius would also damage allies (although this can be changed to a "Pick Every Unit in Range Mathcing Condition, then it would work)

3.Another disadvantage of ur trigger is the fact that it only works if the ability only has one level (althoguh this again can be changed)

There are some other minor things but I'm bored already of typing :p

Nyways, so as you can see, why the hell would you want to make it out of triggers? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.