• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Abyss tile walkable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I would like to know how to make it possible for units to walk on the abyss tiles. Like all ground units able to walk on it. Thanks to anyone who tries to help me out. :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Export the abyss tile texture (its a small black square...) and import it using another textures filepath (eg: TerrainArt/LordaeronSummer/Lords_Dirt.blp) and it will replace the "Lordaeron Summer Dirt" texture with the "Abyss" texture, but retain its 'walkableness'

Level 16
Try to use this function. It doesn't work on large maps, but you could move a region around map.

JASS:
function TerrainPathability takes nothing returns nothing
    local rect r =bj_mapInitialPlayableArea 
    local real x = GetRectMinX(r)
    local real y = GetRectMinY(r)

loop
    exitwhen y >= GetRectMaxY(r)
        set x = GetRectMinX(r)
        loop
        exitwhen x>=GetRectMaxX(r)

if GetTerrainType(x, y) == 'Oaby' then
                call SetTerrainPathable(x,y,PATHING_TYPE_WALKABILITY, true)
            endif
            set x = x + 64
        endloop

set y = y + 64
    endloop

call RemoveRect(r)
    set r = null
endfunction

Level 11
Get NewGen. You can make any tile have the pathing you want. This includes buildable, ground pathable, and air pathable i believe. But i know you can change any tile so it will allow or not allow units to walk on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.