• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About The Hive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi!

I have been looking at this site for a while not but I can not find the answer therefore I make a thread about it.

Will the site give you ability to upload Sc2 maps and browse them?

PS.
Also I'm looking to remake a old Wc3 map
(will ofcourse give credit where it's due)
Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

Level 7
Well you can try sc2mapster.com until the hive opens up its sections. Granted im thinkin it will become the new epicwar after hive opens up but its better then nothin atm!

Level 2
Thanks for the info :)

I thought I had to get help with SC2 and finding great maps other than The Hive!

Level 5
PS.
Also I'm looking to remake a old Wc3 map
(will ofcourse give credit where it's due)
Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

There's actually a few things you need to be thinking about.

First, if you haven't already, you need to take a look at the new map editor. While the trigger editor is fairly familiar to those who used GUI, you'll have some getting used to whether you were using GUI or JASS, due to the new way that some triggers are handled and how scripting is imported and phrased. You might want to look into understanding these better.

Even if you're remaking an old map, you should probably look into understanding objects. We don't know the capacity at which heroes or the convert legacy map function will be working, so you'll probably want a grip on it. I'd suggest looking into understanding how actors and units work.

I happen to think the terrain editor is pretty user friendly, unlike some of the other features. You should glance at this, but it's pretty intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.