• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] About storing a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi.

I'm currently working on a (spellbook) skill that gives you a few other skills when you open it.

Ok, the skills inside the spellbook are skills that makes the hero transforms into different "modes" (different heroes with different skills) but ALL of the "modes" share the same amount skill points spent and all levels of the skills of the initial hero will be in relevance to the transformed hero.

Now the question:

How do i store the initial hero, so that when he, in the form of any of the transformed forms, when chose to revert back to the initial form, will share any exp gained when he was in the transformed form and any skill points spent when he was in the transformed form. and wise versa.

I understand that this needs caching, which i'm oblivious too.

Also, if this requires JASS, can you tell me at least what functions to input?

Thanks =D

Level 4
You don't need Jass, just use some variables.

Integers for exp amount, and when a hero converts just set xp to that integer. And set that integer to the amount of xp of new hero vorm.
For the skill points, if they share similar spells just upgrade the skills using simple triggers lol.

Piece of cake.

hmm...they don't share similar spells D=

as in, initial hero has...say Immolation Level 6, and connected to the the 2nd transformation's 2nd skill (say...Blizzard).

Now, how do i, with initial hero having Immolation Level 6, transform into 2nd transformation with Blizzard level 6?

Level 17
hmm...they don't share similar spells D=

as in, initial hero has...say Immolation Level 6, and connected to the the 2nd transformation's 2nd skill (say...Blizzard).

Now, how do i, with initial hero having Immolation Level 6, transform into 2nd transformation with Blizzard level 6?

I don't know.. xD Maybe storing the spell in an integer.
Spell1 (contains level of first spell), Spell2 (contains level of second spell) etc.
Then just check what integer it has and level up his second third or fourth skill to that integer.

Level 16
  • Set LevelVar = (Level of Immolation for YourHeroType1)
  • Set ExpVar = Hero Experience of (YourHeroType1)
  • Unit - Set Level of Blizzard for YourHeroType2 to LevelVar
  • Hero - Set (YourHeroType2) Experience to ExpVar, Hide level-up grafix
That should work

Status
Not open for further replies.