• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

About removing reincarnation after one use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, boys and girls. Ive been trying to remove the "Reincarnation" Ability (Tauren's Chiefatain Ult) from an unit after one use. I have tried to remove it via GUI (not good at jass at all...) and the event "Unit starts the effect of an ability" doesnt recognize Reincarnation as an ability effect. If anyone out there know how to do it, i would be grateful. Thanks for the attention.
Kurt Barlow

Level 4
NOOOOOOO.....

wait functions are VERY BAD and you should NEVER EVER use them!

Instead, do something like:

Event:
A unit dies
Conditions:
Unit is of type X
Actions:
Set UnitLoc = position of dying unit
Create one (unit of type X) at UnitLoc
Remove (Reincarnation) from last created unit
custom script call destroy UnitLoc

or... something like that.. I'm sure there's a better way but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use wait functions cause those just SUCK.

EDIT:
But yeah just using the item version is probably the best way you could do it...

Level 8
NOOOOOOO.....

or... something like that.. I'm sure there's a better way but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use wait functions cause those just SUCK.

Can't be that bad.

Eleandor's idea is the best one I've heard.

Just make a passive ability that does nothing

And do this:

• Reincarnation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Reincarnation Dummy for (Decaying unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Position of (Dying unit)), Hide revival graphics
      • Unit - Remove Reincarnation Dummy from (Dying unit)
That's assuming you want to reincarnate a hero. If you want to reincarnate a unit, just replace the dying unit with another type of dying unit. Then remove the ability from Last replaced unit.

Level 2
Wow, fast replies :) thanks for the attention guys
Ive though on using the "Unit dies" event, but i found it annoying that reincarnation "saves" the unit from death. Also its an AoS map and if a hero happens to die, several triggers are activated, so i cant just ress him at the position... The reincarnation comes from a buff...if someone could post the function to detect reincarnation (life<1 that the guy said) and remove it, would help a lot...i dont know jass hehe. again, thanks for the attention :) and sorry about grammar errors, im brazilian.

Level 14
Hi there, boys and girls. Ive been trying to remove the "Reincarnation" Ability (Tauren's Chiefatain Ult) from an unit after one use. I have tried to remove it via GUI (not good at jass at all...) and the event "Unit starts the effect of an ability" doesnt recognize Reincarnation as an ability effect. If anyone out there know how to do it, i would be grateful. Thanks for the attention.
Kurt Barlow
I don´t know did i understand it but if you want to remove "Reincarnation" there is an ability "revive hero" (natural-special) and just remove ability with trigger when you want it....

Level 2
I would try you suggestion, reza...but as i said, my map is an AoS and the death of a hero triggers many actions, and i cant let em die. So i need the jass function to do it, thanks for the help tho, :) :)

Level 14
NOOOOOOO.....

Instead, do something like:

Event:
A unit dies
Conditions:
Unit is of type X
Actions:
Set UnitLoc = position of dying unit
Create one (unit of type X) at UnitLoc
Remove (Reincarnation) from last created unit
custom script call destroy UnitLoc

EDIT:
But yeah just using the item version is probably the best way you could do it...

wait actions are not so bad.....
you can set variables but you must not change them for X seconds

for example

event-unit dies
set UNIT = dying unit
wait X seconds
revive UNIT

Status
Not open for further replies.