• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Orb of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
you have to set a trigger by yourself something like:

a unit is being attacked
-----------------------
attacking unit has (orb of darness) = true
-----------------------
action.

otherwise it works with the spells like:

a unit start the effect of a spell
-------------
casting unit has (orb of darkness)=true
----------------
action

but if you mean the effect itself I have no clue ! perhaps you'll have to create a neutral item and recreate the effect by yourself with a [group unit] ect. that's a small trigger tho, just annoying.

Level 33
What I meant is like, if an active ability like Drunken Haze was binded to Orb of Darkness, then you give the orb to the unit and make the unit it attack, Orb of Darkness will "cast" the ability (which in this case, Drunken Haze) to the attacked unit.

Im not sure if this scenario triggers the SpellEffectEvent

Level 22
You mean to ask if the spells fired by Orb of Darkness can fire trigger spell events? Last time I tried, it didn't, but I'm unsure of the method I used to detect the said spell event(s).

Level 6
No I don't think it's working that way. Orb effect are quite tricky actually so better set a trigger by yourself.

Level 4
dude have you tried Item Orb of Lightning I think you can make active spells into passive spells with chances with that spell. hope it helps :)

EDIT: errr I mean Orb of Lightning (new)

Status
Not open for further replies.