• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Attachments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I need someone to name me all the attachment points.I mean like :
hand,right
or
overhead
EDIT:I found it by myself,Known Attachment Points
Attachment Point Names:
overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest (also good for wings)
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (for heroes)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Attachment Point Modifiers:
left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)

Delete thread plz
/close

Level 13
Just set attachment point to 'left'.

i did this but none work on left hand
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,left of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
(i cannot do it on units like Dread lord)

Level 13
Sorry but i think you misunderstood it. Here is my trigger and it works fine.

• Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left of (Triggering Unit) using Abilities\Weapons\DemolisherFireMissile\DemolisherFireMissile.mdl
it works on some units but not on units like Dread lord,i guess dread lord does not have left hand :D

EDIT:
i was just kidding i know he has 2 hands -.-

Last edited:
it works on some units but not on units like Dread lord,i guess dread lord does not have left hand :D

Okay. will try to mess around with it. Will say you when i found out of something.

edit: sorry to say, but it works here. Tested on 3 different pitlord models, and with different attachments too. Let me see the whole trigger. I think its a problem with the event/actions.

Level 13
event is good and there is no conditions
this attachment works good on some units (like banshee coz she does not have feets)

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
  • Loop - Actions
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,left of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
i was trying to do it on Dread Lord (vampire) but it does not work on him
i can only do this attachment to Dread Lord on hand,right

Level 15
event is good and there is no conditions
this attachment works good on some units (like banshee coz she does not have feets)

• Loop - Actions
i was trying to do it on Dread Lord (vampire) but it does not work on him
i can only do this attachment to Dread Lord on hand,right

I don't see any problem with your actions in your trigger...it should work fine.:hohum:

Status
Not open for further replies.