• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] ability that change your model, to the targeting model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! i wonder if its possible to make an ability that change my hero model, to the targeting. and next time i use it,
to switch back again. Thx!

Level 3
it is possible
i triggered something the way you want it and it works fine
problem: all heroes mustn't have abilitys, they have to be added via trigger
this is an easy fastmade preview hope you like it

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • Set hero[1] = (Casting unit)
      • Set hero[2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set hero_stats[1] = (Hero level of (Casting unit))
      • Set hero_stats[2] = (Hero experience of (Casting unit))
      • Set hero_stats[3] = (Strength of (Casting unit) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set hero_stats[4] = (Agility of (Casting unit) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set hero_stats[5] = (Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set hero_stats[6] = (Unspent skill points of (Casting unit))
      • -------- --------------------------- --------
      • Set hero_stats[7] = (Hero level of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set hero_stats[8] = (Hero experience of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set hero_stats[9] = (Strength of (Target unit of ability being cast) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set hero_stats[10] = (Agility of (Target unit of ability being cast) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set hero_stats[11] = (Intelligence of (Target unit of ability being cast) (Exclude bonuses))
      • Set hero_stats[12] = (Unspent skill points of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using The old unit's life and mana
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to hero_stats[1], Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) experience to hero_stats[2], Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Modify Strength of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[3]
      • Hero - Modify Agility of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[4]
      • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[5]
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[6] points
      • -------- --------------------------- --------
      • Unit - Replace hero[2] with a (Unit-type of hero[1]) using The old unit's life and mana
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to hero_stats[7], Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) experience to hero_stats[8], Hide level-up graphics
      • Hero - Modify Strength of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[9]
      • Hero - Modify Agility of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[10]
      • Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[11]
      • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Last replaced unit): Set to hero_stats[12] points

Last edited:
Level 9
Nixii, suppposing that your solution works, I see an important issues:

1 - For what he says, he just want to change the caster, not the target. hero_stats from 7 to 12 are not necessary, and the last group of actions of your trigger should not be there.

And of course, as you say, the caster should be given the ability to return to normal state.

Regards

Level 3
you are right, change target hero was not the task, my mistake.
i didn't trigger any details like save the items or set the correct spells, i just wanted to show that it is possible to solve danyyy's problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.