• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability like Frostmourne from DotA Hero Lord of Avernus Abaddon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
just cast bloodlust when someone attacks a unit that has that buff

Last edited:
Level 25
Make new dummy unit with an ability based of Bloodllust.

The trigger will be:
Event - unit is attacked
Condition - Boolean - (attacked unit) has specific buff (Slow Poison)
Actions:
Create dummy unit at position of attacked unit
Unit - order dummy unit to cast bloodlust on attacked unit

Don't forget to clean the memory leaks.

Level 19
Make new dummy unit with an ability based of Bloodllust.

The trigger will be:
Event - unit is attacked
Condition - Boolean - (attacked unit) has specific buff (Slow Poison)
Actions:
Create dummy unit at position of attacked unit
Unit - order dummy unit to cast bloodlust on attacked unit

Don't forget to clean the memory leaks.

oh, yeah, bloodlust, oops.

Level 2
Hey
Thanks for helping me :)

I still cant make it work though.
Thats how my trigger looks like:
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3091/7axzy62i_jpg.htm

It seems to me that my "Order unit to cast the bloodlust spell" trigger must be wrong. I created a spell like bloodlust, just no mana cost, high cast range, but i cant find where i could select it. the unit is a footman called "dummy", even gave him mana but didnt help

Level 19
use
  • tags
  • make sure all of dummy's fields that have anything to do with Animation in Art and Combat is set to 0 and bloodlust cast time is set to 0
  • also, change the Remove (Last Created Unit) to Add a 1.00 second Generic Expiration TImer to (last cretaed unit) (Unit - Add Expiration Timer)
  • [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/things-leak-35124/[/url]

Level 2
Hey
I poured heaps of water over my laptop yesterday, so I couldnt answer anymore ^^ Its all fine again, so back to the trigger :D

So it still doesnt work. No tech requirements, added an expiration timer but I cant seem to tell the dummy unit to cast my custom bloodlust spell. is it maybe only possible with "custom script" ?

Level 2
Hey, I attached the file.
The Trigger is in the "Frostmourne" Folder
Dummy: Custom Units -> Neutral passive -> special -> DummyFrostmourne
The spell: Custom abilities -> undead -> units -> bloodlust dummyspell

Edit: I am player 11 (green)

Attachments

• Projekt Theramore Klon.w3x
    331.1 KB · Views: 94
Level 19
Hey, I attached the file.
The Trigger is in the "Frostmourne" Folder
Dummy: Custom Units -> Neutral passive -> special -> DummyFrostmourne
The spell: Custom abilities -> undead -> units -> bloodlust dummyspell

Edit: I am player 11 (green)

player 11 is brown lol

but il take a look at it

Level 2
no brown is 12, dark green is 11 ^^ thats me in the settings. i used to have a color problem so i changed it. i fixed it, but never changed it back to player 1 ^^

Level 2
your right, wtf :D i used to have it on attacking unit aswell. maybe the old dummy didnt work properly o_O
So how do i know which bloodlust skill it is using? because i just tested and it actually is using the ustom spell. because its in the dummys abilities?

Level 19
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Attacked unit)

-->

Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Attacking unit)

e/ damn u beat me to it

2e/ to your other question, its just an order id. if you give a unit two abilities based off of the same ability than they will both attempt to cast.

Level 2
That's really great, thanks a lot guys :)

Now im gonna attempt to make the attackspeed increase while the heroes ability is leveled up ^^

I guess i copy the trigger so i have 5 (5levels of the skill) then make 5 different debuffs that each trigger a different level.

So thanks again ill click on your rep buttons ^^

Level 2
Okay so in case anyone googles this, here is how I've done it.

- you will need a dummy unit that is being created, casts bloodlust on you, then is being destroyed again. (http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=26751) (or google how to make a dummy unit)

- Make a new spell and base it on bloodlust. Give it to your dummy unit. make it 2 (depends on how many levels you want, then change it) levels.
The spell needs 99999 cast range, 0 mana cost, 0 casting time, no tech tree dependencies. In "Stats-Buffs" you can put in a custom made Buff(just copy the bloodlust buff, then customize it). make a few of them and add numbers, to see ingame whether its using the correct one. (but u also need to put them in the correct field of your bloodlust spell) (this buff is on your hero)

- make the skill for the hero, based on slow poison (nightelf dryad). Change whether u want it to decrease move/attack speed, deal dmg or not. (if not put values on 0). set "stats - hero ability" to true.

- For the hero skill u need to make 2(depends on lvls) buffs. base them of the slow poison buff and number them, too so u can choose the correct one in the triggers later. (this buff is gonna be on your enemy)

- thats how my trigger looks like. it checks whether the (de-)buff is lvl 1 or 2, then sets the lvl of the bloodlust skill to 1 or 2.

• Frostmourne lvl 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Frostmourne (level 1)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set loc = (Position of (Attacked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 DummyFrostmourne (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of(Attacking unit)) at loc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Set level of Bloodlust dummyspell for (Last created unit) to 1
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Frostmourne (level 2)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 DummyFrostmourne (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of(Attacking unit)) at loc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Set level of Bloodlust dummyspell for (Last created unit) to 2
        • Else - Actions
So another update. It shouldn't leak and the variable is "name=loc" & "type=point"
Kind regards and thanks to rulerofiron99 again :)

updated 3/12/2012

Last edited:
Level 25
1. You are doing leak removal wrong.
The point is that you use the loc variable instead of (Position of (Attacked unit))

So your trigger should look like this:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 DummyFrostmourne (Custom Campaign) for Player 11 (Dark Green) at loc facing Default building facing degrees
Also, instead of making a trigger for each level, you can put them both in the same trigger, and use an If/Then/Else - Multiple functions action.

Level 2
  • Frostmourne lvl 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Frostmourne (level 1)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Frostmourne (level 2)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Bloodlust dummyspell for (Last created unit) to 2
        • Else - Actions
This seems to work ingame. Do you approve of it? ;P

Edit: The variable type is correct then? switched numbers, lvl 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.