• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Level Cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I'm working on a map where the level cap for heroes is 20, and the abilities I've added thus far have 5 levels, and ultimates have 3 upgrades. Yet when I test out the map after I level basic abilities 3 times, I can't level them up a 4th/5th time. Same goes for the ultimate ability except for it disappears after the 1st point. Have I missed a restriction somewhere?
It is also worth mentioning that I use the tinker upgrade ability to swap placeholder abilities to make a hero gain these abilities from item pickups. I think this might be the reason because If I have a hero that already has the abilities learnt in the object editor, I can get them past level 3/1

Update: As it turns out, if you are using this swap mechanism you need to make sure the placeholder ability also has the amount of levels desired. This fixed my issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.