• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

In an undisclosed project I'm working on I've been having a weird problem. What happens is that when I click any ability other than Eat the game will auto-click Eat. I have no idea whats going on here so I'm requesting someone to help me fix whatever is wrong.

Map attached.

Attachments

• resource multiboard.w3x
    413.5 KB · Views: 80
Level 5
I'm back =) I have to go to school now so I'll check out the map later. I think you forgot to add a condition to the trigger to confirm that the spell casted is eat.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Nope, all of the triggers have the condition on them.

Level 7
All your abilities are based on Thunderclap. You can't have more than one ability on a unit with the same base ability, or it will bug. The only exception is the ability Channel, here you can set different base IDs for the different abilities to make them work together.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ah, thanks for the info.
Edit: Tried using channel, it doesn't show up in-game and their isn't a Bade ID field. Still need a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Click this to learn how to use Channel. :wink:
Base Order ID: The Base Order ID is the ID of the spell. In Channel, if we change it, it actually HAS an effect. Changing the ID can help because if a hero has two abilities based off the same ability, their IDs get messed up and he'll try to cast both. Changing this in Channel will change it's ID to something different, meaning you can have multiple Channels on the same hero.
Options: Options is very important. If you do not check the box that sais 'Visible' within Options, that means you cannot see or cast the ability when it's on a unit. This is the only one you need to worry about in Options for now.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Thanks for the additional help, everything is working as intended now!!!!!

Level 5
Some bugs found.
Fire doesn't decrease in health as you used the wrong action again.
Copy the action I used for damaging the units when they starve.
The triggers fire path 2's condition is resource 4 is greater or equal to one. Why is it one? It should be 50.
That seems to be all

Status
Not open for further replies.