• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability: Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm working on an ability which creates a wall of fire, units standing in the wall of fire take damage over time. I know that this can be done in diffrent ways. It can be done by dummy having dummy units forming a wall, units close to the dummy units will take damage. It's not very efficient though. I want it to be like using High Templar - Psionic Storms at a few points, forming a line. Units standing in the storms will take damage. I'm wondering how I can create these storms without ordering units to use Psionic Storms at the points. Do I have to create effects at points from players? If so, which effects? I know that there are several Psionic Storm effects.

Level 6
Do you mean creating a trigger with actions that are all the effects used when using the ability in the right order? would it be efficient or inefficient to create a hidden unit which uses the psi storm at the points?

Level 6
Is it the persistent effect that needs to be moved? how do I create several persistent effects for one ability? how do I make the ability have several actors placed with offset? I don't know much about effects or editing the mechanics of abilities, are there any good guides for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.