• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A wee bit o' hero help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys

Basically I've made a Naga conversion map to replace orcs because well orcs annoy me. Anyway I've created my 4 heroes but the problem is when i select the hero from the alter they train but they aren't removed from the selection cue so you can re-train them. How can i fix this so once they're trained they can't be trained again?

Ooh another thing, If you know any links to good naga buildings, icons or skins could you post them here i need a few more.

Thanks in advance

Roadkill

Level 4
Erm i have no idea what that is could you please tell me what i need to do?

And another question, I've made an ability based off tornado aura but when the hero selects it the ability works but it doesn't show that he has the aura learnt i think this is due to the icon being made invisible since tornado is a controlled unit

Also I'm trying to make an aura that drain near by enemies armor what base ability would i use and how would i make it

Thanks

Level 4
I cant find that trigger, i still have the default melee initialization but i can't find that action i only have Limit heroes to one per hero type

Temp.jpg

Level 4
Well i have four custom Naga Heroes: Royal Guard, War Maiden, Enchantress and Illiden and when i train Illiden for example he trains but i can train another one of him i want his icon to go away so you can't train more than one of the same hero.

Level 3
About your armor decrease aura, i had to make the exact thing and after going through many different abilities i found one that worked perfectly to modify what i needed. So id suggest you use "Devotion Aura" as the base since that aura gives an armor bonus to friendly units around it, then all you gotta do is adjust the "armor bonus" to a negative number and change the targets to only enemies. Also if you want it to drain a certain percentage just check the "Percentage Bonus" or just a flat decrease by unchecking it.
About your tornado aura, i needed a slowing type aura and i used that one originally but it didnt do quite what i needed it to do (which is pretty much exactly your problema as in nothing showed up for an ability) but im not sure exactly what you need from the ability but i needed the slow aura part of it so i used "Endurance Aura" and just put all the other abilities at 0 and then used negatives for the movement speed and then changed the targets to just enemy units. Hope this Helps!
With your wanting to remove the specific trainable hero after its been trained once, i honestly dont know if this will work correctly but i gave it a shot, also i believe this will only work if the building that trains the unit is targeted as "neutral" but once again i dont know for sure, but i definitely hope this will at least help get you on the right track:

• Removing a Trainable Unit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Trained unit-type) Equal to 'Your Hero'
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Remove 'Your Hero' from all marketplaces

Last edited:
Level 3
I just tested it on my brothers WE (he doesnt have unlimited like i do) and what i did was: HOLD down the shift key, and while you hold it just click on the down arrow until you reach zero and keep clicking and it should then go below, i also just clicked shift once while the window was open and then typed "-7" and it worked. If it doesnt work for you then i honestly dont know what to do as its worked for me and most other poeple i think.

Level 4
Hmmm it works but when i click okay it goes back to 0.00 and when i hold shift and click down it just stays on 0.00

Thanks for the help man!

Level 3
Sorry, check in later and maybe someone more experienced with it can shed some light upon this situation.

Level 3
Hey if you still need help with the negative values, my brother figured out what might be your problem.
1st Step: Open your World Editor
2nd Step: Go to "File", and click on "Preferences".
3rd Step: At the bottom of the list of checkboxes, make sure the "Allow negative real values in the Object Editor" is checked, then try inputing a negative value!
Hope this helps this time lol

Level 4
AWESOME it worked Thanks man that really helped!!! now i just need the hero problem sorted and it'll be good

Oh another quick question, I'm trying to make an AOE Charm spell with three levels Would that require Jass? if not could i get some help on making it

Thanks

Level 2
it actually wouldnt take that long to redo a hero... Just put the heros to each other right. And if you just so lazy to do this then send me the map and ill do it and add me to the credits.

Level 5
It isn't that difficult. Just make a trigger, when someone finishes training a custom hero, make that hero unavailable for training to that player. And modify the gameplay constants to limit total number. Go to techtree equivelants>hero.

Level 4
I have already edited the game play constants but they still stay there. I'm honestly hopeless when it comes to triggering so could you post an example please?

Level 24
Then I take it you are not the person behind the Twisted Meadows - Naga map. What you do is highlight the field you want to have no limits. Hold down shift, and press enter. You'll be able to do whatever you want to it, but you'll need to repeat the process every time you modify that particular set of fields, it's quicker but less permanent than setting the value to allow negative fields. Like I said earlier, there are no limits with the Shift+Click way, so for example you could make a time field exceed 3600.

Level 24
I Believe that you can shift and double click as well, but you need to do it every time you edit the field that has surpassed regular limits. If not, it will be set to the corresponding limit it has passed (0 for any negative, 3600 for time, etc.)

Level 4
Okay I've figured it out! Woot! i asked around on another forum and someone gave me the perfect trigger! thanks for all the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.