• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Couple of Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys,

I'm just having a few basic problems at the moment that I can't seem to find a work around, The help would be greatly appreciated.

1. I've added 4 new Heroes to my map (An altered Melee) and for some reason I can't get them to use Town hall tier requirements. For example After you've trained the first hero you can still train all the others even though you shouldn't be able to. Basically I would like it to work like a the default races: Train a hero, can't train another one until the town hall has tiered up etc

2. I'm having problems with the Troll berserker upgrade, From the my modified barracks I can train both Head-hunter and Berserker even though I haven't researched the upgrade that's supposed to trigger the change.

3.I'm trying to make the Charm spell work in on AoE Basis, I've set the area of effect in game but no luck. If someone could help me write a trigger that could make a charm spell work AoE on up to 5 units that would be epic.

4.I'm making a unit based on 67chromes Naga predator and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/ suggestions. Presently the unit is a harassing unit that has low health/armor but it permanently invisible. It's attacks slow movement speed and I was thinking its purpose would be to harass building units or single units.

5.My maps a Naga map (not again :D) so if anyone could link me to some Icons that could be useful or some buildings (desperately need those) that would be awesome. I've scoured the hive and have most of the good stuff.

Thanks for taking the time ot read

Level 16
I have triggered AoE charm spell.
Here is it:

• AOE Charm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 600.00 of TempPoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 5 units from TempGroup) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Level 4
I have triggered AoE charm spell.
Here is it:

• AOE Charm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 600.00 of TempPoint matching (((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 5 units from TempGroup) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Cheers Bodom :D But My spell has 3 levels so how will that end up working? Also I don't get the whole Temppoint and Temp group line, How did you get that going?

Level 16
Set TempPoint = ... - Set Variable

Set TempGroup = ... - Set Variable

(Units within 600.00 of TempPoint matching - Units in Range Matching Condition

(((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Not equal to True)) - Boolean Comparison

Unit Group - Pick every unit in - Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in Unit Group

(Random 5 units from TempGroup) - Random N Units from Unit Group

For multi level do this:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random ((Level of <AoE Charm> for (Triggering unit)) x 5) units from TempGroup) and do (Actions)
This will "charm" 5 × Ability Level units.

Level 15
1. I've added 4 new Heroes to my map (An altered Melee) and for some reason I can't get them to use Town hall tier requirements. For example After you've trained the first hero you can still train all the others even though you shouldn't be able to. Basically I would like it to work like a the default races: Train a hero, can't train another one until the town hall has tiered up etc

The hero problem should be because you have placed the requirements at the wrong place? or may be you removed the game initializations

I'm having problems with the Troll berserker upgrade, From the my modified barracks I can train both Head-hunter and Berserker even though I haven't researched the upgrade that's supposed to trigger the change.
You might have accidentally removed the requirements on the berserk ABILITY, for this to be not working, you might also deleted some of troll's basic abilities

no idea for the rest..

Level 4
Got 4 fixed now I need the rest, Another question quick. I have a spell based off phoenix fire but when my hero learns the spell it works but the passive icon I have for it doesn't show. how can I make the icon appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.