• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] A very strange locust-related problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, so i'm trying to make an ability which creates a giant red crystal (the firelord attack model) which shoots firebolt based fans of knives (you know, the fan of knives ability) very rapidly.
Now, the red crystal is going high, up to 800 height, at the rate of 200. That's ok.
Now, i don't want it to do anything (except go up ofcourse) during those 4 seconds. AFTER that, it starts shooting those fan of knives.
Because i don't want to use a wait function, i created a 4 second casting ability. When the dummy unit finishes casting that ability, a trigger is enabled, which starts the fan of knives casting.

Now on to the problem.

Since i dont want people to click on the crystal and make it move or anything, i added the locust ability. However, it didn't work that way, it only went up. So i removed the Locust ability to see why it isn't casting. When i started the game without the locust ability, the unit started casting from the begining (even though the waiting ability wasn't finished casting).

Can you see what's wrong?

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fire Rain (Neutral Hostile)
  • Actions
    • Set Loc[1] = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Crystal for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Loc[1] facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Last created unit)
    • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 800.00 at 200.00
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
    • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Start (Neutral Hostile 1) <==== The waiting ability
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn on Fire Rain 2 <gen>
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Crystal) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives
No matter how hard i try i still can't find the problem in this :/
So can anyone help?

(also pardon all those (neutral hostile) in the names and all the leaks... i am trying to get the spell to work and will remove them, and all the leaks later)

Level 6
lol details always get me :)
but i think that the pick function doesn't work that way... not sure though
anyway, what are you suggesting? I can use variables, but i want the spell to be MUI (and the bunch of ways to use variables that i tried wasn't MUI)

Level 6
i was thinking of that too but then, if people wanted to select the crystal, they'd select the dummy unit and we're back to the beggining :)

anyway, too lazy to think of anything now, will see what i can think of in the morning ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.