• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A very small, but helpful addition....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm going to be constructing, or at least attempt to construct somewhat of a complete overhaul of what we've all been used to for the last 13 years.
In order to do so, I need to download an immense amount of models, skins, spells, icons, ext, ext, ext. However, when I get to such a large number of options, it's hard to know what file is what and how it looks. My idea is that anytime anybody uploads something new they created, within the zip file, they feature a photo of what it is you just downloaded. That way you can simply look at the photo and know what it is you are about to use.

Level 2
Not what I'm referring to. I know this. I downloaded tons and tons of files, I don't know about you, but I can't remember what every single one looks like, especially when there are hundreds. I had to go back and find every single one and download the photo of it. Which, can be tedious at high numbers. It's just something that I'm not sure as to why it isn't already happening. I know the site works and I generally always check out the 3d viewer. However, I work on my laptop and I take it everywhere. I'm not always connected to the internet. Even if I was, I would rather be able to go into my organized selection of folders, go to my desired file and check right there what it is. Instead of having to search for it. It's already right there. I could not have the photo, not remember which file is which and have to search for it anyways, and not even have it be the one I need.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I agree with TheAlbatross. Especially for icons it would be a great addition to have a preview image within the download.

Level 21
I don't have an exact solution, but I do have something that might mitigate the problem.
If you use any version of JNGP that has UMSWE, then I can provide a script that makes local files visible in the editor listings.
LocalList.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.