• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A small question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi there,
I was wondering about how to make a "live" spell book?

There is a Spell book ability but you can't change the spell book's contents in game (by triggers), you can ONLY in World editor.

But I want to make an empty spell book that when you take a rune of something an ability is added.

Don't tell me to make two spell books abilities and replace the 1st with the 2nd.
Because I probably will make 20 rune thing.

------------------------------------------
I need a tutorial on how to make a spell book that its content can be changed thru triggers, not world editor.

Level 37
Create a spell book for each ability you want to add. Add the abilities into spell books so that each spell book has only one ability.

Create a spell book and add all the other spell books into the main book. Disable the other spell books for all players at map initialization.

Make sure the spell books have some base order id, make all have the same order id.

When you want to acquire an ability, enable the spell book for the player.

I think that is pretty much it, this computer doesn't have the editor so can't check. Spell books can only have 11 spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.