• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Really Good War Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What we need again is another really good RTS map for Wc3... too many hero maps are being published (not a bad thing), when hardly anyone makes a really good war map. What i mean is a map that takes a large amount of strategy to win, maps that include a number of races with different ways to play.

one of my favorite feature was in a wc3 version of "Supreme Commander," it was nearly perfect, but the thing that caught my eye was when the units shot their projectile... they didnt instantly hit the target, they hit the ground and went everywhere, it was incredible.... im looking for a war map just like this.. too bad that supreme commander map can't be hosted anymore...:cry:

Level 4
I think someone needs to start making low poly units and such just so they can mass units :D lol 2-d Warcraft Wars that hold up to three thousand units a screen! IM FOR IT :D

Level 3
Im working on a series of strategy maps. Though Heros are present, I am making a point to keep them form being able to level an entire army on their own. Unfortunatly, The first map only contains two races, so to speak. Orcs and Humans. There are three human players, who have all the normal human units, and then 8 Orcish Players who each control a different orc clan. Each clan has its own unique grunt. Each clan grunt has its own unqiue ability it can learn. Orcish Players dont have access to the tauren, trolls, just Orcs. To counter this, I gave the Orcs a spearthrower and the Dragon Roost with a Red Drake instead of a Red Dragon. I am currently brainstorm on more units to further seperate the different orc clans, and possibly even giving them a higher end melee unit, as they no longer have Tauren to compare to the Humans Knights. The first map of this Clan Wars series takes place while Outland is breaking apart, demons are running rampant through the map, attacking anyone and anything. Any ideas you can put out would be apprieated. There were plans to put in a income system to supplement mining, though I never moved the system in. Wanted to see how things went without it.

Summary: I support a decent straegty map in which heros dont roflstomp entire armies and people have to use legitimate strategy to win. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.