• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gears Of War!! map~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am sure that everyone that has played Gears of War would live to have a Gears of War map where players would be people from Alpha Team and Delta Team.

Idea!~

-Gears of War

Although there might be a lack of players that are allowed to play since there can only be four people in delta team. However if we get pass the point of limited players, I think it could be a really interesting map. Goal of Delta team would be to get the resenator and then plant it and maybe if there is enough room add the ending part of gears of war too.​

Players- Marcus Fenix
Dominic Santiago
Tai (then to Cole)
Carmine (Then to Baird)

-Gears of War 2

This could be another interesting map and without player limit too. This map would be based mainly on the invasion of the cog. Four players would be Delta team and four players would be Alpha team. They would each have individual task and probably should have task were they connect with each other. (i.e. Alpha team might need to access a panel so that Delta team can continue). Obviously there would be characters that die and get replaced with another character. The same way taht when Tai dies he comes Cole (as explained in GoW) the same concept can be applied to this map.​

Many of the details are still needed for this map, also a skilled map maker that can make this and also maybe someone who can make the models or skins if there isnt one that is suitable (No warcraft units, good maps are usually ruined without good models =P).

Please Feedback and cross your fingers in hopes that this might be completed soon. =P

*Note- I have only played the first gears of war so i dont know how the second one goes XDD

**Note- Just found other threads with the same idea xDD

Level 9
im quite interested in this idea.

the real question is the execution. what approach to take.

it would suck if a gears of war maps for wc3 would just be the normal kind of thing, with every player controlling 1 hero, leveling, collecting stuff.

i would suggest something new, something rarely seen, something that really catches your attention, and actually DOES (in an extent) do the amazing game that is GOW justice.

one brief idea that came to mind:

arrow key controlled, one directional storyline-based gameplay.

the arrow keys are controlled to strafe sideways (evading bullets or stuff) and forward and backward are used to move. obviously the map would be very linear, but thus also more storyline based, offering a totally new and awesome wc3 experience.

some minor details:

- camera shakes briefly when hit
- lots of blood and gore
- one of 5 random blood splatter fade filters pop up when hit
- chainsaw thing
- using atmosphere to recreate that rusty-bloody-dirty combat feeling

i think the dota-concept based on replayability would be the wrong approach for a GOW map.

check out my map "battleshamans arena" to see a bad realisation of a similar attempt.
i managed to get sort of a amtospheric-skill-dependant-melee-combat feel, with screen shaking, heros grunting, sword sounds clashing, and key based combat.

not the standard kind of wc3 combat where pretty much what you do is asign target and cast spells, but also not those crappy key-controlled combat attempts.

its hard to explain. im gonna keep an eye on this. would even want to work with some people to make this happen.

Level 1
Finally, someone replied. Anyways the arrow key is a good idea, however I have played some game where the arrow key and the camera angle made the game play very hard. I also agree with you that this map has to be a RPG that heavily relies on team work and co-operation, so that every hero in the game is essential to the victory of the game. As i have mentioned before oxxo, I have posted two ideas on my first post, I feel that although making both games are probably a good idea since it leads on to each other. But if we had to choose, Gears of War 2 would be a better choice.

Ideas:

We should try to follow the game as close a possible, execept for storyline or follow it too xD idk.

- since the game heavily relies on cover, creating a trigger where when the user presses a button on the keyboard it will place them behind the barrior and increases the users defence. Regards to shooting behind the barrior, we should comletely take away all movements and only give them the use of one button to shoot when pressed.

- As you mentioned before, having heroes just level and collect stuff would not do GoW justice. Maybe we should minimize skills completely (i.e. no typical hero skills or skills what so ever) exept keep skills like sprint, resurrect a teammate, nades.

- In gears of war you only use when Marcus Fenix dies. However since the map won't have one main character, make it impossible to lost unless all dies. ("Help" get teammates back up). You might think that stupid since if you can't lose whats to point right? Wrong, since this map HAS to be heavily depended on team work and co-operation it would make it hard for one player to win the game. (If you don't understand I could explain it further)

- What is the point of items in Gears of War? In the actually game only thing people do is pick up weapon and ammo. I think we should stick to that idea. Only items should be guns and ammo.

- Following the game each player is only allowed two primary and one pistol. we should stick to that and use the ablitiy of clicking on the weapon(item) to change weapons. Also we should put gold as current ammo and lumber as reserve. Since in the game people are alot ALOT of ammo.

- One word, Cinematics.

LAST think to make this game work is GOOD models. Models that couch so we can use that for the wall trigger.

last note...I have very limited map making skills only thing i may have is ideas :p soo yeah~ xD

Look forward to more replies to get this project running!

Level 9
this is still very very interesting, but currently i am working on a project.

i will inform you once that project is over, since i am really interested in making this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.