• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A question about cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, as far as you all know, patch 1.24 broke the JassNewgenPack, along with its feature which make a tileset unable to walk on. It is an important feature to make natural and realistic cliffs, not some ugly Blizzard cliff.

So, I would like to ask if there is any other way to create such, use only the basic World Editor? I have already consider putting some pathing blocker or other doodad to block the way, but it may take too many space.

Level 3
Thanks for your reply in 4 minutes :grin: , if so, I'll ask how much space it will take if I put in like... 1000 pathing blocker? :eekani:

No seriously, the map I'm currently working on has a lot of mountains, hills,etc. and at the same time I want to lower map size as much as possible, so I still hesitate.

Level 19
  • Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of (Playable map area)) of type Walkability to Off
other options are:
-Any
-Flyability
-Buildability
-Peon Harvest Pathing
-Blight Pathing
-Floatability
-Amphibious Pathing

you can get locations by placing a unit there then exporting the mapscript (file - export script) and searching for where the unit is created

for bigger regions you can easily use loops

Status
Not open for further replies.