• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A problem that must be solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I've been alive in this world for almost 20 years but even after all the training I can't get over this one particular problem.

I can't stop getting hurt by what other people think of me. No matter baseless they are.

If they are constructive criticisms the sure I should care about them. However, even the things that people say to you because of "reasons" they still affect my thought.

I have been a guy with tendencies of negative thinking. And I did overcome part of it.

But this problem is still hindering me from progressing forward.

I always wonder why I can live like Arteezy and similar people.

"I don't care about what other people think of me. I want to meet my expectations. MY expectations of winning a TI" - Arteezy

It would be much much more easier for me to focus on what I must do if I could adapt this mentality. Can't seem to get it.

Any advices from anyone who has lived longer than me? Any experiences on this issue?

Level 12
Haia bud
sounds like you're going through a rough patch! Here's my advice! First, surround yourself yourself with friends that want the best for you. If you got "friends" who are bringing ya down, you should move away from them. Some people just have terrible personalities and you can't change them, but you can change you you hang out with! Second a good way to overcome the negative thinking is some exercise. A good 15 minute jog every day can really make you feel great and clear up your head. Another good tip, though this one might be harder to properly benefit from, is meditation. Read up a bit on how it works and give it a try. One of my favorite quotes about a philosopher i follow is "It's almost impossible to remain angry if you meditate".

But take this with a grain of salt, I'm no expert, I'm just saying what works for me. Anyways I hope you get through this ;)

Level 30
Don't take things so personally. People are just like you, caught up somehow in what others think of them.
They're not really considering your feelings, most of time, and why should they? Nobody owes you anything.

Be a nice guy, help others and others will help you back when they get the chance to. Be the guy who brings value up front.
Make some jokes, don't be afraid. Be you. Draw people in by creating a fun, carefree environment they can thrive in.
But don't take things so personally when they don't work out or if someone "hurts your feelings".

Thing is, if you're a fun guy who brings value to others and doesn't always think of his own status, people will like you more and at some point you won't give a damn what others think. You'll pick your own friends who bring value to your life, and they'll like you because you bring value to their lives. But then again, don't blame people, don't take anything personally. If someone wrongs you, they're just inside their own world, coping with life. Thing is, you can turn any social situation around with the right attitude and the right intentions.

This is a process of growth, you know. I was a very unpopular teenager, and now I actually do have a lot of friends that I cherish and who cherish me.
Work on your social skills, bring value up front. Read a book about this stuff some time, you'd be suprised by what you might learn.

Roland

R

Roland

Ignore the people who's hurtin' your feelings, Just stay positive as always. I've been in those kind of situations. Stay joyful my friend ^^

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yes, some people are mean. I believe that it is the bane of being identifiable, quite fast do we develop impressions on others based on which we interpret their actions. Seek for places where you can discuss anonymously. Hive is definitely not the place for this, it restricting IPs to one account. Note that practically anywhere will you come across some warriors who religiously believe in social hierarchy, resulting in them arrogantly treating others in accordance with the perceived status relative to themselves.

You need to develop your self-esteem:
http://au.reachout.com/steps-to-improve-self-esteem said:
  • 1. Positive self-talk
  • 2. Don’t compare yourself to others
  • 3. Exercise
  • 4. Don’t strive for perfection
  • 5. Don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake
  • 6. Focus on the things you can change
  • 7. Do things that you enjoy
  • 8. Celebrate the small stuff
  • 9. Be helpful and considerate
  • 10. Surround yourself with supportive people

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I can't stop getting hurt by what other people think of me. No matter baseless they are.

If they are constructive criticisms the sure I should care about them. However, even the things that people say to you because of "reasons" they still affect my thought.
Replied to it in a conversation :)

help others and others will help you back when they get the chance to.

I've got reasons to reckon otherwise. When you volunteer to help, people can pretty much still rationalize they don't owe you anything. I've seen it happen. Though I do agree to the majority of your post. :) The only problem is such conduct doesn't always feel right to someone who believes things matter.

Level 14
Thank you guys. I've read all your posts and they were very helpful in understanding more about my problem so I can work on the solution better. Everyone needs a break-through in order to progress in life. Maybe I'll have a new break-through soon.

Cheers :D

Level 14
Thank you guys. I've read all your posts and they were very helpful in understanding more about my problem so I can work on the solution better. Everyone needs a break-through in order to progress in life. Maybe I'll have a new break-through soon.

Cheers :D
Am heres my advise how about forgetting all of this and just move and and about you you have to be free in the world do whatever you want (but never disobey you parents)do not think about what you have to do think of what you want to do maybe soon you are destined to travel the world or even meet Arteezy and maybe you are gonna be the happiest person and always be happy I agree to all of there advises you have to make some new friends and make sure that the friend you pic can help you and a friend that can always defend you.That was all

Level 30
I've got reasons to reckon otherwise. When you volunteer to help, people can pretty much still rationalize they don't owe you anything. I've seen it happen. Though I do agree to the majority of your post. :) The only problem is such conduct doesn't always feel right to someone who believes things matter.
The idea behind this is that if a person doesn't help you when you're in need, they are not of particular high value and you shouldn't invest more time in them. People who understand this principle will help you out too, even if you don't really need it, and that's the kind of people you should have around. So bring value up front, and if the person proves his value , you've made an interesting new friend. Otherwise, what did you really have to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.