• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A new type of crash? I need help.

Level 6
1. When this crash occurs, the game freezes for a few seconds for one or two players. If they chat during this freeze, it will be visible to other players.

2. after a few seconds, the freezed players will leave the game, not with a client termination or a fatal error report, but simply with the game results window.

3. It doesn't happen when a specific script is running, it's random, and it happens to different players, so it doesn't seem to be a computer spec or internet issue.

4. No error reports or error files are generated.

Is this a desync? or new type of crash?

Level 6
Looks like a desync issue. Any localized (GetLocalPlayer) event happening around these "random" times?

I've reviewed all of the functions in this link and none of them are used or associated with the crash moment. I've removed the only suspect, a unit selection related function, but the same crash happened again after that.

I've been trying to eliminate all memory leaks the right way and sometimes it doesn't crash after 2+ hours of play, and considering this crash happened after at least 28 minutes, I don't think it's related to memory leaks.

Also, I had already fixed a desync issue on my map (it was a difference in getlocationz between reforge and classic, and I deleted all getlocationz on my map), and at that time the freeze like in #1 didn't exist, and players were immediately sent to the score screen.

In fact, I don't even know if the moment it desynced was the moment the freeze started or the moment it said players left the game.

I'm currently suspecting this and advising players to change their options.