• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A new AOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am currently working on an AOS type map similar to dota and I am aiming for about 40 heroes to each team, so I am wondering if people could post any good hero ideas they have, if you have a good one please submit it, the stats of a spell (damage, duration) dont really matter as long as I can get the basic idea behind it. So please anyone send me some ideas, there are about 30 slots left to fill

Level 4
dont bother, its a waste of time. no one will play your map, i speak from experience. the only map people play is dota and a few other misc maps. wc3 has been ruined by dota. i spent about a year making a map, and no ones ever played it. not worth your time or yout trouble, i dont mean to discourage you. there are too many aos type maps and not enough people that care about anything besides dota. :( im sorry man.

Level 6
40 heroes to each team does seem exsesive. You may also want to think about why people would play your map over dota, what makes your map so much better/unique? what can you offer that DotA does not? IMO DotA is the single most balanced and diverse AOS style map i have ever played. There is a reason people play dota alot, and that is the reason. If you can make something better, people will play it.

Level 7
I do not plan on making many heroes with identical spells, so far i only have overlap on about 5 spells where they are based off of the same thing. Also I know how hard it is to balance, but so far the heroes are fairly balanced and I have a good diverse mix of hero types. And as to what mine will have that dota doesnt, well already the terrain which my friend is doing for me is a lot better than normal dota and is about as good as dota 6.0s terrain. Other things I'm having is a lot more items, I have 40 items already and plan to have about 70 or so more. Also quite a few of the spells and such are triggered and I am not just doping like dota did with spells like berserk showing up 40 times or shadow strike on every second hero. I am also putting in an upgrade system whereby you can increase the amount/type/power/speed of creeps that spawn on your team and make the towers be better via increased armor, life or damage. Basically I am incorporating many different things that were done well in other maps and doing it better than they did. And even if no1 plays the map I don't care, I'm doing it for the fun of working with the editor. Besides me and my friends play it amongst ourselves so that alone makes it worth all the work I have put in.

Level 5
woah

How the **** did you come up with 160 different hero spells? Good job, but 40 heroes seems to much to me. I have 12 on mine :).

dont bother, its a waste of time. no one will play your map, i speak from experience. the only map people play is dota and a few other misc maps. wc3 has been ruined by dota. i spent about a year making a map, and no ones ever played it. not worth your time or yout trouble, i dont mean to discourage you. there are too many aos type maps and not enough people that care about anything besides dota. im sorry man.

You spent 1 year making an aos? wow, I did mine on 3 days ^^ Cheer up, it's not impossible to make a better map than dota, I think mine is better. The hard part is to make ppl play it, not because its not funny but because they'll have to dl it.

People are so lazy, I believe there are many aos maps thats funnier than dota. Mine for example

Level 7
You got yours done in 3 days? I now have to ask though, how many heroes you have? the quality of the terrain and said heroes, and amount and quality of items. Because I have seen lots of maps where they just buffed normal heroes and items and thought they were all good. Mine is also taking a long time because I put lots of thought and work into every hero I make. Generally it takes me 20 minutes to make one hero, then about 2 or 3 hours to make him balanced and then some more time to spiff up the spells and such. So far I have been working on the map since just after christmas and I plan that it will take me another month or so to finish it all up. Send me a copy of your map, I wanna see what you did in 3 days, or give me the link if its on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.